Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finding meaning in a simple life?

I think I've given up in finding a true "meaning" to my life. My free time is spent doing things I enjoy, which may seem like a waste of time to other people who don't enjoy the same things.

It's like when you're single and people say to go and do things you enjoy, where you may find your future SO enjoying the same things. My meaning may become clear to me.

I must admit, sometimes I do feel a bit lazy just sitting around reading or spending time with my horse. Shouldn't I be taking adventurous trips, joining groups, taking classes? A simple meaningful life may just be having time to do meaningful things without searching for the big answer to your existence.

Very interesting thoughts, pony mom.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I
    I must admit, sometimes I do feel a bit lazy just sitting around reading or spending time with my horse. Shouldn't I be taking adventurous trips, joining groups, taking classes? A simple meaningful life may just be having time to do meaningful things without searching for the big answer to your existence.
    I feel this way a lot. A book, a dog, peaceful surroundings and I'm good. Shouldn't I be more aspirational, taking risks, seeing the 7 Wonders of the World, knitting sweaters for oil spill penguins? Turns out, I don't need that the majority of the time and doubt any of that is where I will find the meaning of my life. Meh, the meaning of my life, in my experience, has shown itself a time or 10, maybe there's more to come, maybe not, I am completely content with the times I felt THIS right here is the meaning of my life (i.e.: birth of a child, rescuing a dog, a real connection with a patient, many more kid or family related moments, etc.). I've had my fair share, anything else is pure bonus.

And most happened without me seeking a meaningful moment, they just happened and knitted together, created a meaningful life without a lot of angst trying to find it. Does that make sense?

Thread Information