Thread: question: the Motley Fool

question: the Motley Fool

I came across the Motley Fool forum at the suggestion of a friend. I know I knew this but cannot recall anymore, he's not a good financial role model, correct? Or it's two guys, I just don't recall, but I do remember there being negative media attention. Anyone know or have an opinion?

The two guys are brothers. The only negative attention I can recall had to do with their "Foolish Four" mechanized investment strategy, which was discredited years ago.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The two guys are brothers. The only negative attention I can recall had to do with their "Foolish Four" mechanized investment strategy, which was discredited years ago.
    Alan's got it exactly right. They have a basic book on investing that is a good start if you are trying to learn from the bottom up. I think you can't go wrong reading a wide variety of things, including MF.

Robert Brokamp from MF used to write for Get Rich Slowly sometimes, and he did some great posts.

thank you so much!

Ah, the motley fool. I used to visit the LBYM (Living Below Your Means) message board way back when I first started learning about money and saving, investing, etc. It was a great forum that was extremely helpful to me when I was younger (fresh out of grad school with a pile of student loan debt). I left when they started charging people to be members and then found this place (well, the old 'this place'). I remember they had some good basic articles about money. I am guessing they still do.

Thread Information