Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: In a housing pickle. Thoughts? Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We stayed at a Residence Inn recently and it was a lovely comfortable and fully stocked apartment. I would not have minded staying there permanently. Wonder if they have a monthly rate?

It was also well located with a grocery/CVS/restaurants/arena and Target within 2 blocks. Evening food 5 days a week and an excellent breakfast.
    I feel the same way about hotels.. I do travel for business a lot, and I actually love to travel, and part of the fun is the hotel room! In fact just this week I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Phoenix and it was SO nice.. not luxurious, but just nice: a suite that was really well laid out and the foyer had a lot of plants and greenery and waterfalls, etc., and I was able to sit in the lobby and listen to the water while eating this wonderful strawberry and shrimp salad. I just felt really comfortable in that little suite! On occasion I've drawn pictures of layouts of rooms in case I ever decide to go really minimal. And to your point, sweetana, it was also well-located.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Seems to me like hotels have gotten really expensive. Trying to find one now in Denver and having sticker shock.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Seems to me like hotels have gotten really expensive. Trying to find one now in Denver and having sticker shock.
    Going by yourself or with a partner? Have you ever tried AirBnB? I keyed in "Entire place" and 4 nights in late August and saw a lot of 1 bedroom apartments for $80-$120 a night. I've loved using AirBnB. We've stayed in people's houses with them or rented entire apartments or casitas several times.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Going by yourself or with a partner? Have you ever tried AirBnB? I keyed in "Entire place" and 4 nights in late August and saw a lot of 1 bedroom apartments for $80-$120 a night. I've loved using AirBnB. We've stayed in people's houses with them or rented entire apartments or casitas several times.
    We used AirBnB when we went to Minneapolis last week and it was less than half the price of a hotel. Much nicer area as well, since hotels tend to be on major roads.

I've had good luck with travelzoo when my plans are flexible. Gotten some great deals that often included dinner for hotels, especially boutique ones, that I would not have been able to do otherwise, it's fun. Once, a boutique hotel had on their website about how amazing their bedding is, all high end, Frette sheets. I love nice bedding and have always wanted but would never, ever buy Frette sheets, they are like a grand for a set. Got there and the sheets were from Kohl's! The hotel was a great deal and everything was so nice but I did mention at the desk for future bedding nuts, that maybe they should take Frette sheets off the website. She laughed and said no one had ever told them that before, how did I know? Because the label was Kohl's cheap house brand that I have at home! Otherwise, it was great, lol

Actually staying at air bnb for our entire week of vacation but one night in a hotel is needed. Those extended stay places are actually very reasonable by comparison.

Thread Information