Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld Chains- August

Seinfeld Chains- August

I'm continuing... and adding another chain: 10 minutes per day to keep the bathroom spotless. I'm so much enjoying the kitchen, bathroom will be great, too. Continuing 10 minutes on paper, should get to just "maintenance" on that this week; and 15 minutes on a "special project."

Ok, I did pretty well last week, but didn't actually keep track.

I'm going to have two chains starting yesterday for things I want to take seriously.

I'm folding the basement into "organizing and clearing out" and I'm starting a chain for "pottery"

Yesterday:
    chain 1 - I passed on some books and storage containers and. Big framed poster. I also threw away some worn out seed starting trays.
    chain 2 - I talked to a woman who was having her grand opening of a small home store nearby and she's interested in maybe selling some of my work - I'm going to take her om samples, which I now need to make.

I cannot figure out why these are called Seinfeld chains and what you are supposed to do, lol

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I cannot figure out why these are called Seinfeld chains and what you are supposed to do, lol
    Yes, it looks interesting and I'd like to know, too. Can somebody explain or post a link that explains?

EDIT: I found the original post that explains it all: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...light=seinfeld

What a great idea! I think I'll follow along. I have an exhausting six weeks of overtime ahead of me, and if I don't get in the habit of tidying up a little every day, the place will be a horrendous mess before I know it. I'm going to start with a goal of clearing off the kitchen table completely every day before bed and putting the things into their proper places. I'll keep track on our kitchen calendar. If it works well, I'll add another habit.
    Last edited by Stacy; 8-2-15 at 10:14am. Reason: answered my own question

1-emptied some drawers in the basement and moved them to dd2's room- they will go to college with her.

2- cleaned off part of the counter in the studio, threw a few things away. actually this is also more 1 and I need to shift focus to clay/glaze/firing, but it is just too out of control out there and I only had a little bit of time today, I'm taking it.

3rd links

Chain 1 - sorted through paperwork, started geting everything related o the goat herd in a binder, recycled some papers
    chain 2 - threw 6 pots, re-wedged my scrap clay, and cleaned up the studio a little more - threw a couple more things away.

Great job, Chicken Lady! You are on a roll now!
    Did all of mine today, too.

Chicken Lady, You just threw together 6 pots???? That would count as HUGE!

I threw them on the pottery wheel. As in, wheel thrown from from clay? I've been throwing for over 25 years off and on, it doesn't take that long now. Handbuilding is a lot slower.

I have a friend coming over this afternoon and we're going to glaze (but not those pots, they're still drying.)

Mschrisgo2, your chains must be getting long!

Nswef, are you still working yours?

So,
    1- cleaned out a purse and found a loyalty card I've been looking for, trimmed the paper pile a few more pages.
    2- actually ended up trimming and finishing greenware instead of gazing. Straightened up a little more.

The clean out and organizing was incremental today,but it's trending in the right direction.

Thread Information