Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helping a incoming freshman college student

Hi Tradd, she sounds like such a great person in devoting her time in tutoring others. It sounds like things are coming along nicely for her to be equipped for this start in her life. Kohl' s usually have great deals on comforters etc. If you spend you usually get Kohl' s great coupons for you next trip. I am just thinking that possibly in the winter the fleece blanket may not be enough if she tends to get cold and that a comforter may also be needed.

You are so sweet for helping this young woman...

I was just reading a post on Facebook similar to this and people recommended that no writing in textbooks so they can be sold later and that there is a possibility of renting textbooks...you probably thought of this already...Just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    I was just reading a post on Facebook similar to this and people recommended that no writing in textbooks so they can be sold later and that there is a possibility of renting textbooks...you probably thought of this already...Just fyi
    I think they will still buy back books that have highlighting or writing, just not pay as much. I seldom bought used books because of all the neon yellow highlighting in them--makes my eyes hurt.

Also depends on what subject the book is for. If it is for a major subject, and you think you might want to keep the book after the class is over, write all over it. Sometimes that is the best way to take notes and have them make sense later. I used to underline a lot in some textbooks and that really helped me in studying for finals later.

If it is for a requirement and you will never think about underwater basket-weaving again after the course is over, then plan on selling the book back, and keep it as clean as possible.

But the price you will get for a used book really depends on if any professor is using that exact edition of that book the following semester. If they are, you'll get a decent price. If they aren't, you'll get some money, but it won't be a lot. If a new edition of the book has come out, you'll get pennies on the dollar, because no one will be using the older edition anymore.

Thread Information