Thread: Versatile Coconut Oil

TxZen

Versatile Coconut Oil

I use it for everything now:
    1. Coconut oil- 2x a day, slather on face and neck and rub around, in, massage, then remove with a steamy washcloth. OH MY!! And yes, it takes off all makeup, including mascara. I work my mascara first and wipe off the initial with a cotton ball, then do the rest of my face and neck. I swear it is keeping my wrinkles at bay and my face dewy. I use witch hazel and then a little coconut oil where I feel I need it.
    2. I rub the remaining oil on my hands, through the end of my hair. Smells lovely and smoothes down everything.
    3. Body lotion- from the tip of my toes to, well, my face..it's my all over.
    4. Hubby uses it after he shaves on his head and his face. I swear he is looking younger..but he is cute as a button anyway.
    5. Small cuts- I put some on a cut I had..with a band aid over it. Next morning, it had oozed out but was soft and less red. I cleaned it in the shower and did it again- oil and band aid. Next day, it was 75% healed.
    6. Brush teeth with mixture of coconut oil and baking soda. I do spit it in the garbage can, because I don't want it going down the drain solid. I think it feels so good, makes my teeth whiter, gets rids of bad breath and soothes my gums, makes them healthy pink.

I only have a bar of Dove Soap in the shower for my body with shampoo and conditioner (looking for more natural replacements). On my sink, I have Thayers witch hazel, a green clay for making a mask, sunscreen, baking soda, coconut oil, a few jars of essential oils and deodorant. I also picked up some 100% aloe vera in a jar. Using it for lotion/hydration after the sun, because it's been Texas hot (over 105 degrees) There is a tube of toothpaste, but hubby really is using it now. Loving this simple routine and just having less and using healthier products.

That's great. I'll have to try using coconut oil on my face. I use peanut oil. I make homemade deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda, and essential oils. I also have a soap recipe that calls for coconut oil. It's got all kinds of uses!

What a great list! And it's just the beginning.

1. It's my primary fat for baking/cooking. You can often reduce the amount of fat in a recipe by 25% by using coconut oil. If you're not eating coconut oil, you are missing a lot of it's healthy benefits.

2. I do oil pulling for my teeth each day. I'll have to try the baking soda/coconut oil mixture.

3. Coconut MCT oil is used as a substitute in homemade salad dressing and vinaigrettes for olive oil and vegetable oil (which I haven't used in at least 25-30-years). MCT oil is also easier to digest for many people.

If you haven't read "The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil" by Bruce Fife, N.D. you will enjoy it. Or check out the coconut research center: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

I also use coconut water, coconut flour, LOTS of unsweetened coconut, and coconut mana/butter.

Thread Information