Thread: at this point i have to just laugh,

at this point i have to just laugh,

believe it or not my department is getting worse. details get kinda boring but basically communication is crap, we are horribly understaffed with even a minimum wage increase in our district, 2 of my colleagues have felt conversations with supervisors included a threat,

the thing that came up yesterday was as we were looking at training for our front line staff, and then i realized that there is no training for us, the 40 or so staff that are site supervisors. there is basic training for our staff and we have a list of what we are supposed to train our staff on directly at our sites but our supervisors didn't plan any training for us. i need to have a refresher on the student data system that prints my rosters and sheets, new staff have never used it, um,…

and this last week was the week available to us,

i called a colleague to make sure i hadn't missed anything along with my goal to take better care with the practical matters, she confirmed there is no training for us at this point. i just started laughing, and kept going

Zoe Girl,

I just wanted to post to say that sometimes you've just got to smile (or laugh) and keep moving forward.

For a little inspiration or just to know that there are some good (even great!) educators in the world, I thought you might enjoy these two websites:

http://www.contemplativemind.org/

http://ibme.info/
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Sometimes laughing is all you can do.
    In this case, I would think there are two other things you can do, maybe three.
    Document the lack of training (this may be in the form of a formal request/reminder that it seemed to have been forgot), as this can come back on you for not properly training your support staff.
    Ask for the documentation for the program. (there should be a user manual)
    See if there is another manual, either via something like Amazon/BN, etc. and see if you can find any video's on the program, via Youtube. (self train)

those are great programs, thank you. such good teachers out there,

good ideas TMS, i have one documented request but i am not cc'ing people as i find that can appear negative. the other thing is that i need to create my parent handbook, one of the unique things i do. there is a handbook for the grant programs that says we charge $50 a semester (not up to $250 month), there is a handbook for the tuition based sites that doesn't explain the programming accurately. so every year i take the 2 files, cut and paste a handbook, and then have it checked over. so all the people who supported me in this are no longer working for us. i sent the email to my current supervisors explaining this and asking for the files. i am going to ask another time and then i may need to ask one step up the chain of command to get it done. my supervisor has her wedding and is out for weeks starting friday. (and i am documenting this)

Thread Information