Thread: "CycleMonth" challenge

"CycleMonth" challenge

My challenge for the month of September is to cycle all distances under 4 miles -- this includes trips for groceries, bait, tackle, pharmacy, etc.

I still have to drive to work, to my significant other's house, and to fishing holes. But I think that 30 days of "car-lite" might really get a good habit built. And a challenge of 30 days is doable and not overwhelming.

I intend to weigh myself on day 1 and day 30. Maybe I will drop an LB or two. haha

I also intend to install a basket and the frame that holds it onto my bike, if possible, along with a kickstand. These are mechanical tasks that will certainly be a mini-challenge in themselves.

There is a fishing hole 4.6 miles from my place. So I am thinking of trying to bike there and fish once during this month-long challenge too.

I would like to do that, too...I'm not sure, but my workplace might be under 4 miles. Unfortunately, tho, I live on a hill. There's just no avoiding that!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I could move closer to work, like within a mile of work. And I want to someday soon. But the lakes I fish are on various outskirts of the city. So it is fishing that really requires the car.

I have thought about switching from fishing to urban foraging (which I dabble in anyway). I find fruit trees all over the city -- mulberry, serviceberry, apple, pear, peach, raspberry bushes, etc. These can easily be cycled to.

But I like fishing a lot. haha

LOL..........the only place there is to cycle under 4 miles here is the end of the drive.

The nearest town is 11 miles away. But it's a good idea for city/suburban folks.

For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about menstruation and I was curious what kind of challenge would be involved.
    Rebecca

Saddle up my traveling shoes, I'm bound to walk away these blues.

Quote Originally Posted by bekkilyn View Post
    For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about menstruation and I was curious what kind of challenge would be involved.
    I can't menstruate and I am unwilling to learn!

Since we have changed topics to the lack of menstruation, I feel compelled to share this story:

In the elevator this morning a big dog drooled on my shorts. I didn't see it until we were in the parking garage.

I found a pad in the jeep and poured water on it. It's so absorbent that it cleaned my shorts better than any wet wipe I've ever met.

Menopause is great! I much prefer this use for a pad.

Great story of menopause success!

Truth be told, I'd like if my significant other would menopause soon... haha

The first day of the challenge (yesterday) went pretty well. I cycled to the bank (2.5 miles each way). Then I cycled to the bike shop (1 mile each way). I got the rack for a basket or panniers on the back along with a kickstand. Those were not that tough to install. I was tired from the riding, so I slept well.

Thread Information