Thread: Couple nature shots

Couple nature shots

Things have turned out grand this summer, in spite of the rough monsoon early summer rains.

The great news is that we have lots of monarchs laying lots of eggs and becoming lots of caterpillars, which will mean lots more monarchs!

1 - Monarch on Milkweed. Milkweed is the host plant for the milkweed caterpillars
    2 - 2 caterpillars on milkweed (have to give DH credit for this shot).
    3 - Baby tree frog on tip of shepherd's hook. (DH's also)
    4 - Yellow-winged warbler (not a great shot, but this is the first time I've ever seen one! I was lucky to get a shot at all. Migration has started.

oh, man! that is a teeny-tiny frog! Thanks!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thanks for the beautiful nature pictures. It is so great that you have milkweed, I did not see one Monarch butterfly here in NW NJ....

We have had a Monarch (or two) hanging around our backyard this year (despite the lack of milkweed). It's always good to see some more. Nice shots, Cathy and DH!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

As always, great photos, CathyA!

For those interested in helping Monarch butterflies, check out this resource. http://www.monarchwatch.org/

We had our land certified as Monarch Waystation about a decade ago and have started to work to build a better Monarch habitat by deliberating planting milkweed best suited to our gardening zone.
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Thanks everyone. I just can't stop taking pictures! haha
    Last year I collected a lot of the milkweed seeds and then rode all over the property and distributed them. (Although the milkweed could have probably done it just as well without my help!).
    Here's an old pic of the seed pods......they are just beautiful.

Thread Information