Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purge 2015 September Declutter 100 Items

Purge 2015 September Declutter 100 Items

The last quarter of the year and we're moving right along with our challenges. I'm ready to tackle September and see what 100 items I don't need in my life anymore.

***When things aren't adding up in your life, start subtracting.*** Anon

1. silver-plate with glass casserole insert and lid
    2. silver-plate bowl
    3. pillow insert (made a new one out of my stash, tossed the old one)
    4. 5 gallon food-grade bucket (donated to a class room that was asking for one)
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

1. a scarf that I don't really love in the donate bag.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Worked on my walk in closet & filled my trunk. Gave it all to charity. I never count items-too much trouble.

Sept 2
    Yes, I am back I was thinking I was done....after I sent a few boxes to charity in Aug I was feeling pretty good about my house/garage
    on the surface it all looks neat and tidy but, when I get into the cupboards it could be a lot better.
    Once you get started on this journey it is hard to stop and I think that is a good thing....lol
    I will be back later today with my list.
    I am also, buying very little and trying to use up pantry and freezers.

Quote Originally Posted by danna View Post
    Sept 2

Once you get started on this journey it is hard to stop and I think that is a good thing....lol
    I agree.

5.-7. tossed 3 expired items out of the spice cabinet
    8.-9. tossed an eyeshadow and a mascara (not replacing, have several others to use at this point)
    10.-12. DH added 3 t-shirts to my next dog bed box
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Posted this on a new thread because I could find this one last night so I will try to delete that post.

Sept 02

I thought I posted to this thread yesterday but, can't find it.....lol...getting old
    My thoughts yesterday or I dreamed it was that when I had Charity pick up several boxes in August
    I figured I was finished with decluttering. But, even with everything looking neat and tidy on the surfaces
    there is still too much in closets and cupboards. Once you start this process it is hard to stop and I
    guess that is a good thing.................. So here I am............................

---4 really old worn t-shirts cut up into rags (these are what I call one last use rags they do not get wash but are
    thrown out after being used for messy things like cleaning out greasy pans)
    ---2 Seed catologs
    ---1 couple of bits and things out of makeup drawer
    For a total of 7 todate
    Sept 03
    2---very large files from house purchases ages ago....shred
    1---bunch of bit and pieces from cleaning out two file containers and putting them nicely in 2 Bankers Boxes ...they look nice, neat and look organized
    instead of ramdom
    Total todate 10

Sept 02

I thought I posted to this thread yesterday but, can't find it.....lol...getting old
    My thoughts yesterday or I dreamed it was that when I had Charity pick up several boxes in August
    I figured I was finished with decluttering. But, even with everything looking neat and tidy on the surfaces
    there is still too much in closets and cupboards. Once you start this process it is hard to stop and I
    guess that is a good thing.................. So here I am............................

---4 really old worn t-shirts cut up into rags (these are what I call one last use rags they do not get wash but are
    thrown out after being used for messy things like cleaning out greasy pans)
    ---2 Seed catologs
    ---1 couple of bits and things out of makeup drawer
    For a total of 7 todate
    Sept 03
    2---very large files from house purchases ages ago....shred
    1---bunch of bit and pieces from cleaning out two file containers and putting them nicely in 2 Bankers Boxes ...they look nice, neat and look organized
    instead of random
    Total todate 10

Sept 04
    --2 pr of gloves that don't fit to friend....3 Toy (not sure where it even came from) to friend
    --1 Gift cont. garbage---1 Inflatable pillow---charity
    --13 misc. cards to Charity----2 magazines..to recycle -----1 pair of new shoe laces with a name on them to charity
    ---5 used light blubs...3 to garbage and 2 to hazardous waste box.
    Total 38 Yeah I think I am on a roll.............................................. ...be back later

Broken cooler, ugly flower pot, drainage disc, broKen camp lattern, ripped cloth grocery bag =5 for Sept so far.

In the process of changing dressers two weeks ago, found about 20 items of clothing I have hardly ever worn over the last 5 years, so let those go. Then today, my SO and I did a quick sweep through one of my daughter's toy areas and found 22 items to pass on to other kids.

Along with a couple of other things I found going through the house, I was able to drop off a total of 44 items at Goodwill today.

So 44 is my total for this month, and my total for the year is now 333. Hoping to get rid of about 700 items this year, so feeling like I'm getting a bit caught up if I want to reach that goal.

Sept07
    Garbage---4 pens
    Recycle---1 very large envelope already used not sure why I was keeping it
    Recycle--2 old Wall Calendars
    Total to day 45....very little bit helps

Thread Information