Thread: i love mail chimp

i love mail chimp

just gotta say this, i did a test list with my meditation group of about 30 and it went well. So i put all my childcare families (about 40) in a list and just sent a test email. i am making another list for the enrichment class families next.

f you don't know what it is, you can create an account and mailing lists. you can add photos super easily, change text, post to Facebook immediately if you have that with your organization, basically look very professional. it has a consistent contact information bar at the bottom including an unsubscribe button. then the site will give you stats on how many people open the email and unsubscribes and more if you get a paid account. i have all the emails for my families but in an awkward format right now, this is much easier! i think it is great for small businesses that don't have an easy way to email all contacts, volunteer or service groups, lots of things.

and no worries that i used this computer with all the caps broken and issues, i used the work computer but i don't do personal things on that computer.

Oh, you get use stats with MaiL Chimp. That's cool. I didn't really understand what it does but I heard it advertised relentlessly on the podcast Serial.

i already have a 53% open rate in the first day which is huge, that means about 20 families don't need paper! However since they are actively seeking out information from us that makes it higher

Yes, Mail Chimp is awesome. It's one of those things that is used a lot in non-profits and marketing, but seldom makes its way into the "school" environment.

(Just a pet peeve of mine- the school systems always look to specialized _school_ software, and end up paying a fortune for it. And little of the good and useful software in the mainstream gets used where it really could do some good.)

Thread Information