Thread: Getting Some Meals And ZZMiles In On An Eatcation....

Getting Some Meals And ZZMiles In On An Eatcation....

See--"Eatcation". That's a word I made up. I am a genius, just like Alfred Eisenstein, when it comes to new words. See, what some of Those People do, for something to "Do" is Drive, and then ceremoniously Stop N' Eat. They combine a love of car jocking with gluttony. How do you like that? If they have an F-Book account, they post likes about places they visited, and Restaurant Meals they ate. They may even post a photo of the Food! Weird, huh? But that's not the only thing. There is an organized bike ride that is 400-500 miles in length, waaaay up North, in the middle O' nowhere. The promoter/organizer is a newspaper, and their publicity hounds promote it as an "Eatcation", whereby you ride and Eat. That way, they can gain participation from the middle-aged Eaters. Kind of unseemly, if you ask me. Anyway, as far as Carjocking & Meals n' miles goes--- I know of a case where a middle-aged couple plan a trip to The Coast, right/? They drive n' eat their way 1500 miles, to the nearest coastline. Sure, they go to the beach---for a minute. But, they don't put on a bathing suit---they head to the nearest Restaurant, and work their way back on a different route, with more restaurants to try out. It's all about racking up those miles, and eating those Yummy restaurant meals! So, tell us about a Eatcation you've taken, lately. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by Packy; 5-27-15 at 3:24pm.

I eat every day, mostly at home, but when I'm not at home, I still eat wherever food is available. As a matter of fact, I've eaten in just about every state and a half dozen or so foreign countries. I'm not sure if that makes me selfish or just hungry?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Eating and Driving/Biking, things that don't go together in my world.

Well, for clarification: Eating, is a Big, Big Deal, on an Eatcation. It is something to "Do". Did you kids take photos of a huge heaping plate of Pizza, piled HIGH with oooey-goooey mozerrrrellli cheese, 1000+ miles from home?? Then post it, along with a "Like" and a detailed review of the eating establishment? Have you ever intentionally planned your route to stop at that truck stop in Texcess, where you can try and get a FREE 72 oz. steak, "if eaten in one hour"? Or, on the other hand, did you just take a loaf o' bread & a couple cans o' tuna and a jar o' peanut butter along in the car, and occasionally eat just enough to satiate you minus a little less? So, that way, you save time and money, that you can utilize for much better things. Even if it is just resting.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Did you kids take photos of a huge heaping plate of Pizza, piled HIGH with oooey-goooey mozerrrrellli cheese? Then post it, along with a "Like" and a review of the eating establishment? Or, did you just take a loaf o' bread & a couple cans o' tuna and a jar o' peanut butter along in the car, and occasionally eat just enough to satiate you minus a little less?
    Neither....Did we do it wrong?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Both. Did we?

I'm planning an eatcation soon with my beloved. While I'm enjoying Ethiopian, Thai, and Indian food (not all at once)--maybe even (gasp) pizza, I'll be sure and raise a glass to you, Packy. Since he's threatening to drag me to all the local rescue venues until I find a cat (or cats) I can't resist, (Stay strong, Jane) I may take pictures of more than food.

Ha--there was a "news" article online about how a flight was delayed, and people were sitting on an airliner at an airport for hours and hours. The pilot took decisive action, and ordered up Pizza for everyone on board. How do you like that? Pizza---the opiate of the masses.

Thread Information