Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Should I "downsize" my old friend...?

What is a CCW license? is he really out of jail? I wouldn't want him in my neighborhood or knowing where I lived.

Concealed carry permit

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    What is a CCW license? is he really out of jail? I wouldn't want him in my neighborhood or knowing where I lived.
    He was out in a day.

Can't mess with the Second...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

i'd say yes, judging from the photo, you should downsize immediately.

I briefly talked to the old friend today. Apparently he was charged and convicted with Weapons While Intoxicated. The authorities took his guns. Well, according to him, they only took some of them. His family evacuated some of the firearms before they could seized by the "gun grabbers."

The judge did not take his CCW though. And according to my old friend, he needs a lawyer to petition the court to get his guns returned.

So, yeah. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I briefly talked to the old friend today. Apparently he was charged and convicted with Weapons While Intoxicated. The authorities took his guns. Well, according to him, they only took some of them. His family evacuated some of the firearms before they could seized by the "gun grabbers."

The judge did not take his CCW though. And according to my old friend, he needs a lawyer to petition the court to get his guns returned.

So, yeah. Wow.
    The court does not revoke a CCW permit, in Ohio the permit is granted and revoked by the county sheriff.

Under Ohio Revised Code:
    2923.128 Suspension and revocation of license.

(A)(1)(a) If a licensee holding a valid concealed handgun license is arrested for or otherwise charged with an offense described in division (D)(1)(d) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code or with a violation of section 2923.15 of the Revised Code or becomes subject to a temporary protection order or to a protection order issued by a court of another state that is substantially equivalent to a temporary protection order, the sheriff who issued the license shall suspend it and shall comply with division (A)(3) of this section upon becoming aware of the arrest, charge, or protection order. Upon suspending the license, the sheriff also shall comply with division (H) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.(b) A suspension under division (A)(1)(a) of this section shall be considered as beginning on the date that the licensee is arrested for or otherwise charged with an offense described in that division or on the date the appropriate court issued the protection order described in that division, irrespective of when the sheriff notifies the licensee under division (A)(3) of this section. The suspension shall end on the date on which the charges are dismissed or the licensee is found not guilty of the offense described in division (A)(1)(a) of this section or, subject to division (B) of this section, on the date the appropriate court terminates the protection order described in that division. If the suspension so ends, the sheriff shall return the license or temporary emergency license to the licensee.

2923.15 Using weapons while intoxicated.

(A) No person, while under the influence of alcohol or any drug of abuse, shall carry or use any firearm or dangerous ordnance. (B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of using weapons while intoxicated, a misdemeanor of the first degree. Effective Date: 01-01-1974.

So, it appears your several reports of your friend maintaining a valid Ohio CCW permit does not jibe with Ohio law.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Welp, yesterday when I went back for a different friend's dad's funeral showing I ended up in a rather long conversation my drunken, crazy friend too. And wow, was he ever drunk and crazy!

Here are the highlights:

-He asked my ladyfriend repeatedly to hook him up with her friends so we all could go on a double date
    -He asked me, while maybe just out of earshot of her if she "s---- d---?" (I said: "This is an inappropriate question I will not answer."
    -He asked me, again maybe just out of earshot of her if she "takes it up the a--?" (Again, I said: "This is inappropriate and I will not answer").
    -He told me he called his ex-wife on the phone and shouted at her that she was a "f------ wh-re!"
    -Then a minute later he told me "I still love her with all my heart, I love her to death"
    -He was drunk as a skunk and riding a mini-bike (like a miniaturized motorcycle) around town; keep in mind he is about 6 feet tall and weighs probably 390 lbs.
    -He also tried to tell me that his grandfather used to stomp on his head while he was sleeping (which sounds totally crazy because I knew his grandfather and he was by all indications and honest, honorable, and kind man who treated me incredibly well and who I looked up to)
    -He also told me that when he last got arrested for weapons while intoxicated he had actually put a pistol into the guy's mouth who had pulled a knife on him
    -He also told me he has a woman living with him who does not work and who abandoned her three small children (and as my dad said: Any woman who abandons her children is "really screwed up")

I could go on. But these are sufficient highlights.

He obviously has that alcoholic problem known as "confabulation." Conversing with him was like talking to a disturbed mental patient. He also went on some tirades about how he does not care if he lives or dies.

My dad said this of him: "We are watching him commit suicide in somewhat slow motion."

My troubled hometown went from being blue collar and white trashy when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s to being totally rachet, ghetto, and downright dark and depressing.

Not sure what the last paragraph has to do with the ones before it. But this guy sounds like he's one ticked-off away from being on the evening news for his part in "another senseless massacre". Smart to downsize him, UL.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

So get this: The latest in this saga.

Yesterday around noon my old friend, we'll call "Condor" and a neighbor, we'll call "Bart" decided to take a drive from my unincorporated hometown (pop. 238) to a nearby small city (pop. 8,000) to go to the store and get some alcoholic beverages. Condor was driving but he was already drunk. So Bart, who was sober insisted Condor pull over and let him drive. Condor did so, but very angrily, apparently shouting: "I kin drive mah own damn car!"

Anyway, Bart drives home, then then proceeds to drink on his porch (a much more responsible choice that drunk driving). But Condor gets out of the passenger side, pounds a couple 4-Locos (something like a workin' man's speedball as they contain both a downer and an upper -- alcohol and caffeine).

Condor jumps in the drivers' side and again shouts: "I kin drive mah own damn car!"

He is totally shmammered at this point. So he speeds away to go just outside town to his "drinkin' lone" spot. But on the way he drills a huge rock. It was one of those rock people put on the corner of their property near roads to prevent drivers from cutting into the edge of their yard.

The rock was big enough to possibly total the car. We're not sure if it is totaled or just close to it.

But the car is stuck on the rock and won't drive.

Condor calls his older brother who lives down the street and his nephew to help dislodge the car from the rock and to push the car a few blocks home. They do so.

But then Condor's bother yells at and chews out Condor for driving drunk. There is a big commotion with some pushing and cussing. The cops get called. Condor's brother talks the cops out of arresting Condor -- even though Condor's is on probation for a drunk w/ weapons charge.

After the cops leave Condor goes crazy again with yelling and threatening. Condor's brother and dad come out to try to calm him down. It does not work. A neighbor again calls the cops.

The cops come back and arrest Condor on his porch. Condor hurls horrible insults at his brother and his elderly father. Apparently his father had some kind of emotional breakdown to watch his son get arrested and have all those insults zinged at him. Condor's dad is a former cop.

The cops throw Condor in the drunk tank until he breathes clean on the breathalyzer. But they don't charge him with anything.

Then when he gets home Condor gets a restraining order delivered to him saying he is not allowed within 25 feet of one of the neighbors he is feuding with.

Condor seems to be committing suicide in slow motion and just acting crazy.

Thread Information