Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Should I "downsize" my old friend...?

What is a CCW license? is he really out of jail? I wouldn't want him in my neighborhood or knowing where I lived.

Concealed carry permit

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    What is a CCW license? is he really out of jail? I wouldn't want him in my neighborhood or knowing where I lived.
    He was out in a day.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Can't mess with the Second...
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

i'd say yes, judging from the photo, you should downsize immediately.

I briefly talked to the old friend today. Apparently he was charged and convicted with Weapons While Intoxicated. The authorities took his guns. Well, according to him, they only took some of them. His family evacuated some of the firearms before they could seized by the "gun grabbers."

The judge did not take his CCW though. And according to my old friend, he needs a lawyer to petition the court to get his guns returned.

So, yeah. Wow.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I briefly talked to the old friend today. Apparently he was charged and convicted with Weapons While Intoxicated. The authorities took his guns. Well, according to him, they only took some of them. His family evacuated some of the firearms before they could seized by the "gun grabbers."

The judge did not take his CCW though. And according to my old friend, he needs a lawyer to petition the court to get his guns returned.

So, yeah. Wow.
    The court does not revoke a CCW permit, in Ohio the permit is granted and revoked by the county sheriff.

Under Ohio Revised Code:
    2923.128 Suspension and revocation of license.

(A)(1)(a) If a licensee holding a valid concealed handgun license is arrested for or otherwise charged with an offense described in division (D)(1)(d) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code or with a violation of section 2923.15 of the Revised Code or becomes subject to a temporary protection order or to a protection order issued by a court of another state that is substantially equivalent to a temporary protection order, the sheriff who issued the license shall suspend it and shall comply with division (A)(3) of this section upon becoming aware of the arrest, charge, or protection order. Upon suspending the license, the sheriff also shall comply with division (H) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.(b) A suspension under division (A)(1)(a) of this section shall be considered as beginning on the date that the licensee is arrested for or otherwise charged with an offense described in that division or on the date the appropriate court issued the protection order described in that division, irrespective of when the sheriff notifies the licensee under division (A)(3) of this section. The suspension shall end on the date on which the charges are dismissed or the licensee is found not guilty of the offense described in division (A)(1)(a) of this section or, subject to division (B) of this section, on the date the appropriate court terminates the protection order described in that division. If the suspension so ends, the sheriff shall return the license or temporary emergency license to the licensee.

2923.15 Using weapons while intoxicated.

(A) No person, while under the influence of alcohol or any drug of abuse, shall carry or use any firearm or dangerous ordnance. (B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of using weapons while intoxicated, a misdemeanor of the first degree. Effective Date: 01-01-1974.

So, it appears your several reports of your friend maintaining a valid Ohio CCW permit does not jibe with Ohio law.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein