Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should I "downsize" my old friend...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    One of my colleagues in another department was a cop for several years.

He said it was rather thankless.
    I can't imagine how it doesn't destroy your faith in humanity. WS, I always appreciate your perspective, because it appears that you have remain balanced throughout, and learned from your experiences rather than being defeated by them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I can't imagine how it doesn't destroy your faith in humanity. WS, I always appreciate your perspective, because it appears that you have remain balanced throughout, and learned from your experiences rather than being defeated by them.
    If you look closely you can find things that will destroy your faith in humanity anywhere and everywhere. Trust me. This is what I do!

My friend has gotten so much worse. I saw him last Sunday when I visited the old neighborhood.

Jeeeez... he looked like death. I think he is not just addicted to alcohol, but I think he is also addicted to opioids. He looked like a junkie and he hangs around a lot of junkies. He is obese, very obese. But also his legs are very, very swollen with fluid. It is strange-looking.

He was spontaneously crying about things and saying "You are gonna bury me, Jake. You are gonna bury me!"

He said it over and over. Creepy.

Ultralite - we have a friend who went down that path this last year. He has cut off contact with us, probably due to embarrassment. It's very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Ultralite - we have a friend who went down that path this last year. He has cut off contact with us, probably due to embarrassment. It's very sad.
    I think he wants to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I think he wants to die.
    No "thinking" about it. He's just doing it the slow painful way. Edema is serious stuff. So are opioids. I feel sorry for him that he feels its his only path out...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    No "thinking" about it. He's just doing it the slow painful way. Edema is serious stuff. So are opioids. I feel sorry for him that he feels its his only path out...
    It might be the better of many options as he is suffering and making his parents and relatives and friends suffer too.

I hate addiction.

It's such a thief of kind hearts.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information