Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I "downsize" my old friend...?

Sorry. I’ve got an uncle like that. His professional contacts protect him just enough to let him kill himself slowly. Family dries him out, he gets back on his feet and decides he’s ok and can drink again, and then he loses another wife and another house. Heard he got married again on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Sorry. I’ve got an uncle like that. His professional contacts protect him just enough to let him kill himself slowly. Family dries him out, he gets back on his feet and decides he’s ok and can drink again, and then he loses another wife and another house. Heard he got married again on Friday.
    Wow... what are these women thinking?!

A little more of an update on this old friend of mine.

Apparently his family gave his keys back to him.

And... I guess that during the intervention in which they took away his guns and keys he freaked out and put a pistol in his mouth threatening to kill himself.

Keep in mind: After this they promptly gave his guns back to him. And now have given his keys back to him too.

I don’t suppose you can call a psych hold on him?

the first “woman” was thinking “as soon as I turn 18 I can marry this guy and escape my horrible family.” Lasted almost 8 years and one child. The rest were going to be his salvation?

Wow... what are these women thinking?!
    Yea I know sounds like so not a catch. I mean I can understand marrying someone with a lot of flaws but those women really are better off alone. Is he stunningly handsome (even then sleep with him, don't marry him ), rich? I mean what does he have that even makes him seem like a good choice ... or does he meet them all at 12 step meetings and they are off using/drinking too (I know 12 steps helps some people stay sober but there are a lot of people that will use again there too).
    Trees don't grow on money

Current (brand new) wife is an employee. He seems to find a lot that just want to sleep with him too, he’s not bad looking and appears to have money, and he is very, very charming.

Welp... the old friend finally got arrested -- Disorderly Conduct and Weapons While Intoxicated. Would that last one effect a CCW license?

This is him, gun in hand.

Screenshot_20180625-220007.jpg

Well moving on was probably a really good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Well moving on was probably a really good choice!

My mind is absolutely boggled. He is standing there, talking on the phone, pointing a gun across the street. Broad daylight. Neighbors watching, some taking pictures or recording. Dude is drunk as a skunk.

How the hell did any judge see this and think "Better reduce the charges so he can keep his CCW!"?

Thread Information