Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: How to convince my girlfriend she does not need to go on pricey dates?

I have once too (fallen for a coworker - you work closely together for so long, work on the same project day after day, have constant interaction. And yea he was good looking and smart and charming). But I didn't even try for it, I was single, but he was married. I don't know, I suppose if I were the type to try to steal another woman's spouse ...
    Trees don't grow on money

I think I'm built wrong. In marriage, it just never occurred to me to have an affair, I didn't have a wandering eye even when the marriage sucked deeply. I ended the marriage for other reasons but even in LTRs, I just don't even look or really think about other men (with the exception of famous men I will never obtain, long list, lol). And when I start to notice other men and the relationship is fizzling, I just ended the relationship, it didn't make sense to cheat when we weren't married or living together. Just break up. I do not understand why people who are not married or do not have children together, are no longer attracted to or even love the partner, why cheat and not end it? Is it not wanting to hurt them or maybe a money thing, IDK, it's not for me, I suck at lying.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I do not understand why people who are not married or do not have children together, are no longer attracted to or even love the partner, why cheat and not end it? Is it not wanting to hurt them or maybe a money thing, IDK, it's not for me, I suck at lying.
    Well, there's a wide range of motivations, desires and lifestyles out there. The key is communication.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, there's a wide range of motivations, desires and lifestyles out there. The key is communication.

agreed. Do whatever you want as long as your partner(s) agree or decide to opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Back in my poly days this was a popular book! My girlfriends and I all read it. Very helpful!

UA, I am picturing you surrounded by a gaggle of ethical sluts at a book club meeting, lol

UA, I am picturing you surrounded by a gaggle of ethical sluts at a book club meeting, lol
    Well, it was more like I bought the book and read it. Then my (then) life partner read it. Then she loaned it to my girlfriend. Then my girlfriend loaned it to my FWB.

Later on my (then) life partner and I shared other girlfriends who read it on their own.

Good times!

I think I would glove up to touch that book, no offense! God, I got married way too young, lol

God, I got married way too young, lol
    maybe it's some type of thing millennial types do nowdays, I don't know. Not the world we were raised in for sure.
    Trees don't grow on money

I think I would glove up to touch that book, no offense! God, I got married way too young, lol
    That's the best line/laugh I've heard all day, well played :-)

Thread Information