Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Compact

I've had a very difficult time finding clothes that fit for me to purchase for the last couple of years so my wardrobe is quite small and threadbare.
    Finally found a company with great styles that fit great but after purchasing a few pieces the organic dye faded extremely quickly. Even after redying one of the pieces in hopes to salvage them it is fading again.

My local Makerspace has an overlock machine and am considering renting their sewing space for a month to make these simple pieces in a more durable material. I'm good at sewing but it would be my first time using a serger so I'd be learning a new skill.

My measly wardrobe won't last a year. One pair of shorts and an ill-fitting seven year old swimsuit is just not going to make it here in Hawaii. I've checked the local Goodwill for fabric but they didn't have any at all.

I can see the Compact working for someone who is already established in an area. For someone who has moved from a temperate climate with a car to a tropical climate and no car, we do need to make adjustments. Minimal ones, but they do need to be made.

I draw the line at used flip flops...er slippahs, brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiana View Post
    I've had a very difficult time finding clothes that fit for me to purchase for the last couple of years so my wardrobe is quite small and threadbare.
    Finally found a company with great styles that fit great but after purchasing a few pieces the organic dye faded extremely quickly. Even after redying one of the pieces in hopes to salvage them it is fading again.

My local Makerspace has an overlock machine and am considering renting their sewing space for a month to make these simple pieces in a more durable material. I'm good at sewing but it would be my first time using a serger so I'd be learning a new skill.

My measly wardrobe won't last a year. One pair of shorts and an ill-fitting seven year old swimsuit is just not going to make it here in Hawaii. I've checked the local Goodwill for fabric but they didn't have any at all.

I can see the Compact working for someone who is already established in an area. For someone who has moved from a temperate climate with a car to a tropical climate and no car, we do need to make adjustments. Minimal ones, but they do need to be made.

I draw the line at used flip flops...er slippahs, brah.
    The Compact is probably trickier for you. Good point about someone being well-established in a place. That certainly makes it easier.

Though I think most people in the US could probably do The Compact without much trouble.

Thread Information