Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm moving north for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post

I wonder how the fishing in there is...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is a major hybridizedr of lilies from the NW Territories, can't remember his name, but apparently it gets warm enough to grow lilies. I think it's martagons that thrive up there.
    Well, the growing season is short, but in the summer there is tons of light. Apparently 20 hours of daylight on the summer solstice (as I just looked up). So that probably helps with growing things. There were definitely some plants/flowers around when I was there recently. I'm not enough of a flower expert to notice different types but now I'll be on the lookout for lilies.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So, ya got reliable internet service up there, yo?
    Yes, it's good. Barring the occasional power outages. Good internet is a necessity for the man and I.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I wonder how the fishing in there is...
    I intend to find out. He doesn't currently fish, but a good new hobby to learn together.

I intend to find out. He doesn't currently fish, but a good new hobby to learn together.
    Trout and pike in there for sure.

Trout and pike in there for sure.
    And fish is one of the few foods we both eat. Plus the fish we bought at the grocery store was insanely expensive (in my extremely-inexperienced opinion), so I'd like to save money there. $8 for 1 piece (though I did manage to split that into two meals at least).

And fish is one of the few foods we both eat. Plus the fish we bought at the grocery store was insanely expensive (in my extremely-inexperienced opinion), so I'd like to save money there. $8 for 1 piece (though I did manage to split that into two meals at least).
    Catching your own can cost too, depending on your situation. Though I'd bet you could make it cost effective in that little city.

I am jealous. I bet you can ice fish those pike! Looks like such a beautiful, remote, and in some ways otherworldly area.

Catching your own can cost too, depending on your situation. Though I'd bet you could make it cost effective in that little city.

I am jealous. I bet you can ice fish those pike! Looks like such a beautiful, remote, and in some ways otherworldly area.
    Perfect way to describe it. I'm looking forward to some northern lights viewing dates, after living in big cities all my life.

Wow! I just Google-mapped Yellowknife--you are up there! I'm fascinated with the Alaskan reality TV shows--there are a number of them and DH and I always watch them, and that way-northern lifestyle looks really adventurous for sure! Great story, great news!

We'll definitely want the story as it unfolds, so stay in touch!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What a wonderful life adventure! Be safe, be happy! I hope we hear from you occasionally!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information