Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving north for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    Weather: -40 today for the first time.
    You may be the bravest person I know :-)

I've been to Inuvik before, it's an interesting place, should be even more interesting in February!

Kestra, Thank you for updating on your happy, peaceful life. I checked back to see how you were doing. I found your entire event so interesting and so out of my comfort zone. I am glad it all worked out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You may be the bravest person I know :-)

I've been to Inuvik before, it's an interesting place, should be even more interesting in February!
    I think you are one-up on me then, regarding having been there. It's a place I've wanted to visit for years and now that BF is going I thought it might be my opportunity. However I just looked up flights and from Yellowknife to Inuvik is $1,750! Yikes. Only small airlines fly there. I can get to Vegas for $400 from here. And my BF says he doesn't really like it there, so I think Yellowknife will be as far north as I go.

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    I think you are one-up on me then, regarding having been there. It's a place I've wanted to visit for years and now that BF is going I thought it might be my opportunity. However I just looked up flights and from Yellowknife to Inuvik is $1,750! Yikes. Only small airlines fly there. I can get to Vegas for $400 from here. And my BF says he doesn't really like it there, so I think Yellowknife will be as far north as I go.
    How funny, that the options are Inuvik or Las Vegas in February. I would be in the Las Vegas camp. I once went to Palm Springs in the winter and other than getting sun poisoning from lying out by the pool, it was a fantastic time.

How was the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by kally View Post
    How was the winter?
    Not too bad. It was warmer than normal there so minimal -40 days. I found the darkness the hardest part. I've definitely had worse winters for cold and definitely for snow in Winnipeg. That being said it's not over yet. But it's bright now and getting up to -12 this week (and better after I went south), so that feels really warm after a lot of -30. February was hard because my man was in Inuvik the whole month and my work was really stressful plus I was studying for a hard test the whole time. My health and social life suffered.

Actually right now I'm in Edmonton for 10 days enjoying the crazy warm weather here. I wrote my test today so that is done and I'm doing some house hunting in preparation for our fall move. Work has settled down as well. So spring is really looking up for me.

Thanks for asking. I was thinking about posting an update.

I'm glad you posted. I had been wondering about you so am pleased you are pleased.

Another thanks for posting. I wonder also!

My boyfriend just said we'd go through the apartment room by room and look at every item! To keep, sell, or discard. I'm so excited! And so happy that he wants to declutter.

The related update is that we are moving to Edmonton, and go to find a place to live there in August, will be back up briefly to arrange our move, then he starts his new job in September.

Otherwise things are good. I started doing Roller Derby, which is great fun, and great people. It's full-on summer here now - very hot. I work at my job here for 4 more weeks then I'm going to be self-employed once we move.

Great to hear things are progressing well, Kestra. Thanks for the update.

Thread Information