Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sigh--should I pursue this or let it go?personal data on the web

Williamsmith
    A registered letter from an attorney explaining why you wish to have it removed and outlining a possible uncomfortable for him consequence of failure to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    A registered letter from an attorney explaining why you wish to have it removed and outlining a possible uncomfortable for him consequence of failure to respond.
    yes,that may be an eventual step.

but before that, I would rather donate money to solve this. I suspect that when our neighborhood moved websites we also moved web development companies, and the old company ignores any request for work. I would pay them something to take it down, if this is in fact a work problem. I had formerly thought that our volunteer I.T. Guy was the host and webmaster, but apparently not.

Meanwhile, we got a victory today when the Garden Diva, the person in charge of the community garden and one of the key persons responsible for this problem. Had a hissy fit and stepped down as garden leader. She needs to.

Today this was resolved. It took 8 weeks for the file and url to be removed because our neighborhood organization, run by volunteers, screws up now and then.

Data still shows in a Google search but the hotlink to the file doesn't work because the file is gone. I will live with this.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-2-15 at 9:53pm.

Glad to hear is is resolved "enough". That's a win.

Congratulations, IL. You fought the hard fight.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information