Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purge 2015 OCTOBER Declutter 100 Items

Purge 2015 OCTOBER Declutter 100 Items

3/4 of the year is gone and for me (and my household) that's 900 items gone. I'm looking forward to this last sprint.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Ok, I'm back. Did nothing for September, maybe I can get caught up this month.

Today:

10- big stack of (new) greeting cards to a local Girl Scout troop; I'll count this as 10 (I love trolling freecycle and NextDoor to see what people are looking for!)

2- new phone books delivered last week- they come twice a year now! to the recycle bin
    8- magazines dropped off to the hospital

1- pair curtains
    3- pillow covers
    1- clock
    3- Tupperware - all to the animal shelter rummage sale
    2- pairs sandals, worn out, to the trash
    Subtotal: 30

OH, I almost forgot- things from Friday, that was October already!

To school:
    4 - posters
    16- books (I really am going to retire this year, so all the school stuff gets used or given away. I have more to take)

New subtotal: 50

I'm committing:

14-Yesterday, to my artistic cousin: all my watercolor brushes and pallets. She was delighted. Me too.

This coming weekend: my closet. Should get to 40 at least.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

1.-2. Two larger old stereo systems that DH had been keeping for ages. (as big as they are they should count for more than 2)
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Previous subtotal: 50

20- box full of odds and ends to school

New subtotal: 70

Garage sale this week-end. We'll see.

3-10 magazines
    11 checkbook wallet
    12-15 pillow cases (using them to bag this months goodies for the thrift store)
    16 shoes
    17 one lone shoe...apparently it's mate got donated in a previous month (oops!) wonder if the thrift shop keeps a box of lonely shoes hoping the mate will show up later.
    18-20 2 large muffin tins and an extra cookie sheet
    21-22 2 pair of jeans

I had a plan to just do a quick pass through my 4-year-old daughter's books which are all over the house, with the goal of weeding out 20. Well I got rid of 61 - to a friend who has a 20-month-old foster child arriving soon - and we still don't have shelf space for the remaining books! I can't believe we have so many more than we have space for. Sigh. My hope is to do a quick pass through my and my SO's books next, and maybe that will free up a shelf or two for the books of my daughter's that are still in stacks at various places around the house.

I also took another 29 items to Goodwill, so the total for this month so far is 90. I'd really like to get well over a hundred this month to make up for the many months this year when I didn't get rid of anything. We'll see.

I'm readying another pile of discards. So far, I have four garbage-sized bags of clothes, a lamp, a crystal ball (!), a bag of books, and a couple of boxes of miscellany. Hope it all fits into the car. And then I start all over again!

Thread Information