Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purge 2015 OCTOBER Declutter 100 Items

I'm doing kind of a modified Kondo (full disclosure, I did not read the book). I think "sparking joy" is a bit much to ask of most objects and is really only an appropriate response for a select few things, like art, perhaps. I am asking myself questions along the lines of:
    Do I like it?
    Do I use/wear it?
    Do I have other things that fill the same purpose/niche?
    If I'm saving it for "just in case," how likely am I to ever really use or need it?
    I sent 2 boxes and 2 bags to the Salvation Army last week. I'm starting on another box.

Took three bags of misc to the thrift store, have two boxes of books to go to the library sale tomorrow and several bags of newspapers for our animal clinic that requested them.

Plan on a weekend binge for hubby and I to list our ebay items and what is not done is going to be gotten rid of other ways. Been in the dining room for over 6 months.

Will read the Japanese book on tidying once more before taking it back to the library and make another pass thru the clothes. Going to be a busy October.

ugh, our continuing good weather is precluding me from my decluttering aspirations!! I can't believe I'm saying this, but, come on, rain already!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Previous total was 90.

Took a pair of kids' shorts (too small for my kid) and a package of swim diapers to a friend who has a 9-month old. Also returned a tupperware of hers. New total: 93.

Yesterday I took 4 bags of clothing from my closet and drawers to the local thrift. So much room in my drawers!! Makes it easier to find things and compose my daily attire.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Yesterday I took 4 bags of clothing from my closet and drawers to the local thrift. So much room in my drawers!! Makes it easier to find things and compose my daily attire.
    Excellent! 4 bags gone creates a lot of space.

My son brought over 3 bags of clothes that he didn't need so my other son, my daughter and I went through them. I got a shirt, my daughter took 3 sport oats for her SO, my younger son took a bag of shirts and the rest went to Goodwill along with 2 sweaters my husband gave away. We have family pass along days every few months. My children are 41,38 and 34.

23-30 spices and condiments (either things I don't like anymore or a little past their prime)
    31-32 yarn and hook
    33-40 7 pair of socks I don't like
    41-71 30 glass pendants, earrings, bracelets donated to a fundraiser
    72-75 towels (bleach accident) - new dog bed material
    76-80 DS#2 undershirts cut squares for rag box and tossed the rest
    81 - another large metal tub
    82-85 flower pots
    86 - box of glasses
    87 - old pair of glasses
    88-90 found several broken sunglasses in car (who keeps these things?)
    91 - roll of landscape cloth (donated to church project)
    92-100 8 books to thrift shop
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Today we're holding our 4th yard sale since we decided to move last year. We had sold at least 50 items by the time I left for work at 10:30. I hope some of the big items go.
    Anyhow, it's all going to Goodwill at the end of the day, so that's about 300 individual items (guessing. Lots of unmatched silverware, candles, toys - could be a lot more.)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Yay! I’m so excited to have stumbled upon this thread. I’ve been doing a massive declutter and was running out of steam. Here I find new inspiration. I’ve gotten rid of at least 100 things this month. Last week a car load to the thrift store, 13 items to the consignment store, a car load of clothes to a friend’s mother. Today four bags of miscellaneous in the trash. I love the idea of quantifying to measure progress. I’ll keep count moving forward to keep me going.

Thread Information