Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Places to stay in London?

oh, try www.booking.com. They have amazingly cheap rates because they include everything from dorm rooms on up - sort by price after you put in the dates. I just found you a dorm bed for $17!

ETA: they also list regular hotels and private rooms in hostels, and give user feedback on all of it. Spotted a couple of places - single private room - near the subway for $55- $60 in April.

Thanks! While I'm all for cheap, I am not up for sharing a bathroom (I'm 51 years old), nor do I want to walk up multiple flights of stairs to my room. This is turning out to be quite a challenge.

Kib, could you tell me which Tube stops you found single private rooms near? (bad grammar; apologies)

You'll have to try filtering on the site. They say "subway access" right under the name of the hotel if they're in walking distance of a tube stop, you'd have to look up the hotel address or the map to see which one. You can filter for some things like neighborhood if you know where you want to be. Then you can order them by recommended places or by price, and then start looking at more specific details to see if you can find what you want. Beechcroft Guesthouse, for example, is near a tube stop, and has a single studio that's basically a full service apartment on the ground floor with a private bath, $129.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/gold...=total;ucfs=1&
    Last edited by kib; 10-7-15 at 11:23pm.

Thank you, I will do that!

Thread Information