Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noisy upstairs b

Thankfully the upstairs folks are quiet today. I would have expected the opposite since we've got 7" of snow and many people are staying home today.

Maybe they didn't get home before the snow fell...
    Glad you have a quiet day.

Update:

It's been very quiet upstairs since about Thanksgiving. I didn't hear anyone upstairs until about mid-way through December, and then it was only a few voices. The dogs are gone, thank goodness! I only hear people a few times a week. The nasty boyfriend with the loud motorcycle is gone. I wonder if the dogs were his. Most reasonable explanation for the quiet upstairs is that the chick is spending a lot of time at the home of a boyfriend.

On the downside, my landlord is trying to do some work in my bathroom (replace vanity, sink, toilet, plus bathtub faucet), but can't do it without the authorization of the chick upstairs (note: she owns the unit she lives in). There is no master water shut-off for each unit. The downstairs unit water shut-off controls the water of the unit above it. Landlord has been trying to get approval since May (when I was on vacation for a week) from the upstairs chick. Condo association/management company said she has to give her approval for the water to be shut off before the work can be done. And she flat out refuses to give that approval. Landlord is on the point of hiring a lawyer to force the issue.

Williamsmith
    I would think that a simple notice from the landlord specifying date and time of shutoff and date and time of restoration would suffice. The vanity, sink and faucet should have their own shutoff valves under the vanity and behind the toilet respectively. Make sure he puts them in when he finally does the remodel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRB0sxw-YU

The fine art of being an upstairs neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post

KILL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post

Hilarious!!!

I think that video is one of the funniest things ever!

So what happens if you have a plumbing emergency, you just flood the entire premises? This doesn't seem like a realistic rule at all, and the condo association should be called on it.

I've been checking out other videos on the Above Average youtube channel (above link is from there). So funny!

Thread Information