Thread: is this still good?

is this still good?

I soaked some whole wheat number last Thursday night, covered it and put it in the fridge...do you think it could still be good? Thanks...

If it smells ok, looks ok and tastes ok, I eat it. Of course I have replaced my stomach with a sherman tank ... but a week is probably still within ok limits for nearly anything, if it's been refrigerated the whole time. Will you eat it at this point or cook it in some way?

Eta: I think your phone might be playing tricks on you. Whole Wheat what?

Hi : in, thanks...my Kindle constantly changes words on me...I had soaked whole wheat bulgar...I will check it tomorrow and see what it seems like. Thanks, Christine

Ah! I have found rice sometimes starts to smell strange a bit sooner than a week, no experience with wheat except pasta. I trust my nose because even if something won't technically make me sick, if it smells weird I'm going to be grossed out by it.

Yes, I totally agree with you. My nose is pretty good or if it feels slimey I know it has got to go thanks!

I did cook some bacon the other day that had ... I don't even know what. it was black little lumps like peppercorns on it. smelled ok and I cut the lumps off, no one got botulism. I don't know if I'm a very good adviser, I was lectured the other day for declining to wrap my chicken in a second plastic bag, as it sat in my tote next to - gasp - a glass bottle. Once again, we are all miraculously surviving. Enjoy your bulgar.

Thank Kib for your help!!!

Thread Information