Thread: What's missing in the Odom blitz

What's missing in the Odom blitz

This poor man made some very poor choices or his addiction made the choices for him, however one wishes to phrase it. Anyhow this could be the media's chance to bring addiction/drug usage/herbal drug abuse to the for front. Instead we get play by plays of the K family, the place where the Man spent his final hours, hourly pop ups on the condition. I wonder why the news has not been more on the reasons, choices and addiction, help that could have been offered, what went wrong and such?

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    where the Man spent his final hours,
    Didn't he wake up? I haven't been following it other than to read the headlines.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    I wonder why the news has not been more on the reasons, choices and addiction, help that could have been offered, what went wrong and such?
    Because I try to keep my life a Kardashian/Jenner-free zone I haven't followed this story very closely but few specific reasons for Odom's collapse are known at the moment.

Beyond that, however, stories like this rarely foster discussion of underlying issues. Oil train fires, this week's massacre by a disgruntled loner, the latest clueless statement by a wingnut Presidential candidate -- very few of those sponsor lasting discussions of the issues behind the flaming headline. And in this particular situation, the help one can get depends on where one lives and how much money one (or one's insurers) might have for treatment. It would be difficult, I think, to do a comprehensive mass-media piece on treatment options.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My son is Clean 4 years Monday! So for me personally if the issue can be raised it should at all costs. But yes that would not sell news, using the word lightly.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Sure I could
    Google it, but I won't.

Who?

I just think it is another sad story of a young man with more potential for a good life, throwing it away. All the details are just sensationalism and I suspect wont change anyone's actions although it should be a wake up call.

Thread Information