Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "10 for 10" simple living test

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Vague... haha
    Yes, but the things that are the most precious to you are not necessarily the most useful. The fact that my house isn't precious doesn't mean I want to get rid of it. I will try this top ten your way, but I think I'm also going to try modifying it - the top ten most expensive things, and then the ten possessions I place the most value on as far as being instrumental in having the life I want. I'll bet that's eye opening too.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Vague... haha
    I thought it was pretty specific, unless you want specific addresses of real estate I own, companies I own shares in, businesses I am a partner in, and bonds/mortgages I hold. No "thing" I own that I personally use in my daily life makes the top 10 list.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I thought it was pretty specific, unless you want specific addresses of real estate I own, companies I own shares in, businesses I am a partner in, and bonds/mortgages I hold. No "thing" I own that I personally use in my daily life makes the top 10 list.
    Haha, no... just teasing. Very cool set-up though!

Because you are going to lose Harlan. And because all your people are tenuous. I am far more attached to my stuff than you will ever be to anything, but I can imagine life without my stuff. I cannot imagine life without my people. I know I will lose some of them, but when I fall apart, the others will put me back together. I know that a dog loves unconditionally, but he is still a dog.

Once my bonus daughter was very sick. And her girlfriend had to leave town, and the girlfriend called to check up on her, but she didn't answer, so the girlfriend called me. And I called her. And then I called her 4 more times on the hour drive to her apartment complex. And then I broke into her apartment and shook her awake and made her take her medicine and drink water and stayed until she was lucid. a dog will stand over you and lick your face and watch you die and then grieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Because you are going to lose Harlan. And because all your people are tenuous. I am far more attached to my stuff than you will ever be to anything, but I can imagine life without my stuff. I cannot imagine life without my people. I know I will lose some of them, but when I fall apart, the others will put me back together. I know that a dog loves unconditionally, but he is still a dog.

Once my bonus daughter was very sick. And her girlfriend had to leave town, and the girlfriend called to check up on her, but she didn't answer, so the girlfriend called me. And I called her. And then I called her 4 more times on the hour drive to her apartment complex. And then I broke into her apartment and shook her awake and made her take her medicine and drink water and stayed until she was lucid. a dog will stand over you and lick your face and watch you die and then grieve.
    Oh, I know I will lose Harlan. That is why I focus on spending time with my pup now! Just yesterday My gf and I took him on a long walk twice around a nearby lake. He lives a good life -- I provide food and entertainment and healthcare for him. He get tons of attention and snuggles from me, my sis and BIL, and my gf, as well as most anyone who visits. He has a yard to run around in out back, comfortable places to take naps, treats galore, and never gets hit! He rarely gets yelled at for anything.

Life is tenuous for us all.

I don't think it is sad to have a dog at the top of your list, not at all! For many years, dogs would have topped mine. A friend or relative I see for a few hours a week is nothing compared to a dog who is almost always by my side

Dogs may not live forever, but as friends, they never fail you. I still mourn my little dog who died 5 years ago at the age of 19, and I treasure the memory of our times together. There are few people in my life that have meant as much to me, or with whom I shared as much time and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I don't think it is sad to have a dog at the top of your list, not at all! For many years, dogs would have topped mine.

Dogs may not live forever, but as friends, they never fail you. I still mourn my little dog who died 5 years ago at the age of 19, and I treasure the memory of our times together. There are few people in my life that have meant as much, or with whom I shared as much time and love.
    "The more people I know the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"I like most dogs more than I like most people." - K-Von

Yep
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I never had dogs as an adult until 11 years ago & besides my family & close friends they are the most important to me. If I had to choose between my dogs & my paid for house-hands down it would be the dogs. If I had to choose between my family or dogs of courseit would be the family. Dogs fill such an important role for many people & especially I find this as I grow older

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I never had dogs as an adult until 11 years ago & besides my family & close friends they are the most important to me. If I had to choose between my dogs & my paid for house-hands down it would be the dogs. If I had to choose between my family or dogs of courseit would be the family. Dogs fill such an important role for many people & especially I find this as I grow older

Choosing between my dog and my family would be incredibly difficult. I don't even want to think about it.

Thread Information