Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate cars...buyers remorse

I like you Bae

Quote Originally Posted by Tulips View Post
    I just called Kia...they told me I can exchange if I want to. We have a meeting on Monday.
    That's nice customer service! Good show!

While I know nothing about reliability, engineering, or driving characteristics the the
    Kia Soul, I will say that I always have liked the
    way they look. They are fun looking, without being overly weird. They came out in 2009 the year we bought our car and while I longed for something cute and new-looking like the Soul we ended up,getting a stodgy SUV without any glamour.DH has traditional taste.

Hi Iris. I think I am so extremely simple living that buying a car makes me literally Ill. I feel terrible.

DW has had a Kia Soul since 2010. Her previous Honda Accord committed seppuku and she needed wheels right away. So we rented a car for a couple of weeks. The Soul was new, but the other choices at that agency were b o r i n g -- or just plain bad cars. That Soul, too, was green (Kia calls it "Alien"). DW never would have chosen that car off a lot.

But after a couple of weeks of driving the Soul daily, she loved it. Good size, high driving position, lots of gadgets (some of them totally unnecessary, like the light rings around the speakers that flash in time to the music), easy enough to drive. It also passed the three-people-and luggage test (the other car we liked, the new Ford Fiesta, did not). We bought a floor model, though with some reservation because Kia's track record back then still was iffy.

I have to say, in 50,000 miles, aside from four (non-critical) visits to the dealer for recalls and one visit for mouse-eaten ignition wires, that car has never been in the shop for anything but scheduled maintenance. The 2010 edition doesn't have great seats, so it's not the car we take on long trips. And the fuel mileage is horrible for such a small car with no pretense to sportiness. But Kia has addressed both issues and I have no problem recommending the car to anyone who needs such a vehicle. It's probably one of the better choices, especially outfitted with winter tires, which covers most of the reasons many people think they need four-wheel drive.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I bought a new Kia Soul a year ago last August, so it's a 2014. I LOVE it! I sacrificed a couple of features I thought I wanted (CD player, and sunroof) to get the color I wanted: Kale (dark green).
    Turns out that this past summer was so darned hot here that I would not have used the sun roof, and I absolutely love the satellite radio! So I got the car I wanted after all

With about half freeway driving, my average is 30 miles per gallon. When I've driven into Nevada where it's legal to drive 80 on the interstate, and on long freeway trips of 250 or more miles, I get 40 miles per gallon. My car has Kia's Eco feature, which turns the engine off- i.e. no gas consumption- during what would otherwise be idling, i.e. long stop lights, heavy stop and wait traffic, etc.

I love the flexible space and it really has a lot of rear storage space for a small car. I bought 2 soft sided dog crates that fit perfectly side by side on the back seat. When I have people passengers, the crates fold in about a minute each and go into the truck. I have brought lots of things home from the hardware store with the back seat flat for more space. And my daughter and I picked up 2 chairs for her in my car.

I find it very comfortable to drive, and I find it relatively quiet on the road. I have a friend who has been shopping for cars that are quiet and she liked my Soul. I'm interested to hear if she ended up buying one this weekend.

Thank you Steve, Iris and MsChris...I appreciate your comments !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulips View Post
    Hi Iris. I think I am so extremely simple living that buying a car makes me literally Ill. I feel terrible.
    I feel like that when I buy houses.

Tulips...........do you tend to feel this way with other new things in your life? I recently got a new car and the day after I got it, I was having panic about it......that it wasn't what I wanted.
    After a few days, it got better, and now I love it.
    Just curious if you find that this is something common that happens to you with other things? I seem to have to reject everything, before I can accept it.

What are all the features that you feel you should have gotten? Is a sunroof something you've wanted forever?

We ended up with a Kia Soul as a rental car recently and really enjoyed driving it more than we thought we would. Great little city car. Easy to maneuver and fun to drive. DH's company car is a Kia Sorrento and it has also been a reliable vehicle for all the driving he has to do.

Thread Information