Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate cars...buyers remorse

Thanks for your support everyone. The next day I felt great about my decision and my family members love the car. I feel okay about not having a sun roof or heated seats and steering wheel. I love alien green color. Interesting question CathyA. I definitely second guess my decisions alot.

I can relate CathyA...why do we do that......reject it before we can accept it ?

a friend at work had the same Soul, green as well. We are in a snowy area, she had a hard time in the snow until she got snow tires, then it was fine. I have a bright green car, too, I like it, it's fun. Tempted by black but went for color. The woman at work with the Soul, went with the Sportage the next time, she likes that better but of course, it costs more and probably comes with cool stuff. Good luck!

I am not having remorse "yet" but I too bought a new car after months and months of thought, reviews comparing, test driving.... I was ready for Different then my MPG, small type I buy. Cash purchase only so I had a cap. I am sad to say this here at my simple board, but came to the fact that I would not save the world with my high MPG. I am not planning on driving a great deal anymore, I "plan" on this being a 6 year car. Husband drives high end cars and it is a joke in our neighborhood about his cars vs mine parked next to his. SO I bumped it up and bought what was big purchase for me a Regal Turbo loaded.

One week in and I can't get past the MPG I was at 40-42 highway, 37 city. Now I have 21 city. I will find out today the highway MPG. I tell myself how nice the car is, how safer I am in the winter, how I don't drive much except the two trips to the other side of the state to Dad's twice a month (which is why I really got the car). Remorse, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    it is a joke in our neighborhood about his cars vs mine parked next to his. .
    stupid kids would say to my DD on the bus how crowded our driveway is with cars and why is mine so cheap? These are high schoolers. Our driveway has max two cars in it, because my mom's is in the garage. DD goes, "that's the Big Green Booger" and whatever the equivalent is to "talk to the hand today". And then they said stuff like how small our house is with so many people. It's a 2000 sq ft ranch with full basement with 2 finished rooms. Teens are ass*****.

Don't waster time on remorse, it's not like you are driving it heavy. Try and enjoy a nicer car

I own my little Nissan Versa hatcback free and clear. 2012 model.

I still have many a mixed feeling about it.

I dislike the act of driving. But I liked being able to go to various fishing holes far away.

I don't like paying for fuel. But I like being able to carry my canoe on top to the rivers and creeks.

I don't like paying insurance. But I like having it for emergencies.

Interesting thread. The car dealer called me today and they said they needed to redo my paperwork because there was a promotion going on the Saturday that I bought my car that I should have gotten on Sat (but they didn't read their emails she said ). I was supposed to get 0% financing instead of 0.9 % financing and another $500 rebate. So that was good news. Also I found out I'm getting $15,000 for my 2010 Honda CRV that was totalled when a teen rear ended me.

I am amazed they called you!

Nice! I'm amazed they called you, too!

I told them thank you for calling me and not letting it go

Thread Information