Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting round table question at my IRL minimalist meeting

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You were very nice not to deck me for my snarky remark.

sure the socializing is fine, but I will guarantee you that stronger bonds are formed when humans work together. That's what we learned in all of the volunteer projects we've done over the years.

Your minimalist group might be nice, but do you all DO anything besides yak?

I seem to find a fair number of like minded people in gardening groups. Now, they will not be as ultra minimalist as you, UL! But they tend to not be very interested in massive consumer consumption.

i am not minimalist, but I like to think that I thoughtfully reflect on the value of each purchase before making it in order to see if it enhances my life. I never make a purchase to keep up,with the Joneses, and DH doesn't even know what the Joneses are buying.
    Snark is fine! lol
    I don't take things too serious...usually!

I have thought more about the working together. I have done some outside of meeting stuff with the Minis. We checked out/toured a tiny house, went on walks in the parks, took bike rides, etc. Though I agree. I think we'd be closer -- tighter knit -- if we did some real project together.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Substitute alcohol for the tea and you have a trip to the local bar. Cheers. Or some coffee and you might have a church bible study.
    We just meet at a Panera. I get a perrier sometimes. haha

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Snark is fine! lol
    I don't take things too serious...usually!

I have thought more about the working together. I have done some outside of meeting stuff with the Minis. We checked out/toured a tiny house, went on walks in the parks, took bike rides, etc. Though I agree. I think we'd be closer -- tighter knit -- if we did some real project together.
    Perhaps for a project you could go to each other's houses and help throw stuff out.

/snark

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Perhaps for a project you could go to each other's houses and help throw stuff out.

/snark
    Actually, that's not a bad idea. Someone might need help deck uttering. While members of the group,don't have to,toss the stuff, they could be there as consultants, or as cheerleaders, to help people in their group tackle the hard stuff.

Or, UL's group could visit a member's house and that member could talk about the stuff he keeps, and why.

Or people could meet at the usual,place and bring items they keep, items that seem silly to keep and tell why they keep these items. same for things to be rid of, bring the thing they will next toss out and tell,why.

maybe the group.already does this.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    We just meet at a Panera. I get a perrier sometimes. haha
    Hahahaha. This made me chuckle. Thanks for the smile.

Although the other ideas posted by jp1 and iris lillies sound like good ones for this group.

Thread Information