Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird tingling/pins & needles feeling

Weird tingling/pins & needles feeling

I've got something else weird going on, besides the flu I was diagnosed with today. I have a tingling/pins and needless/slight numbness feeling in my hands, arms, and feet. It came on last night/this morning. I've got a burning sensation going from the groin area down my leg on both legs. The leg burning feeling is similar to what I had about 10 years ago that may have been the beginning of my sciatica (or whatever it is). You know I have carpal tunnel. My forearms are very tight (muscles) and sore and I have the same burning issue on the underside of my arms out from underarm area. My feet have the tingling, pins and needles feeling too. I was sleeping on my arms tucked under my pillows last night which could account for the forearms issue and my upper arms being very tender, but not the legs. My urgent care appt today wasn't the place to bring this up. I have a doc appt with my usual doc on Monday. This can't be shingles because the tingling/pain is in too many places and i have no rash. I guess it could be something with a pinched nerve because my upper middle back is very tight and hurts, but what about my feet and legs.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I've got something else weird going on, besides the flu I was diagnosed with today. I have a tingling/pins and needless/slight numbness feeling in my hands, arms, and feet. It came on last night/this morning. I've got a burning sensation going from the groin area down my leg on both legs. The leg burning feeling is similar to what I had about 10 years ago that may have been the beginning of my sciatica (or whatever it is). You know I have carpal tunnel. My forearms are very tight (muscles) and sore and I have the same burning issue on the underside of my arms out from underarm area. My feet have the tingling, pins and needles feeling too. I was sleeping on my arms tucked under my pillows last night which could account for the forearms issue and my upper arms being very tender, but not the legs. My urgent care appt today wasn't the place to bring this up. I have a doc appt with my usual doc on Monday. This can't be shingles because the tingling/pain is in too many places and i have no rash. I guess it could be something with a pinched nerve because my upper middle back is very tight and hurts, but what about my feet and legs.

Anyone else experience something like this?
    Youve got this happening on both sides? And suddenly? That is beyond my internet diagnostic skill, sorry!

Yes, and yes.

Long very hot bath seems to help temporarily.

Hmmm......I have a lot of tingling all the time. For me, it's probably my fibromyalgia. I'm thinking it could have something to do with your flu. Also, you might try taking a good B complex....which can help with nerve problems.
    What are your flu symptoms? Do you have any other medical conditions?

Flu symptoms are chills, going from hot to cold, muscle aches. Lots of congestion. No fever or sore throat.

No other medical conditions aside from my bum right knee I have to get checked out, sciatica or piriformis syndrome in left thigh, and carpal tunnel.

Do you remember getting a tick bite recently?

Has anyone ever said you might have fibromyalgia?

No tick bites. I don't go outside to get them. No one has ever suggested fibro.

Gullian Barre (spelled wrong) was suggested but I don't have any muscle weakness

Well, I guess for now, I would assume it's some funky side-effects of the virus. If it continues after your flu gets better, I would definitely try taking a B complex vitamin every day. That's what my neuro recommended to me awhile back, when my legs were tingling.
    I have a bad knee too.......maybe it has something to do with that?
    Also, be sure you're getting enough Vitamin D.
    I hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Gullian Barre (spelled wrong) was suggested but I don't have any muscle weakness
    Yeah.....I wondered about that the night my tingling started in my feet and slowly worked it's way up to my hips.
    Guillain Berre moves quickly and it affects your respiratory muscles quickly.

And M.S. seems to have weak muscles too. You're having sensory peripheral neuropathy, I think.......not motor.
    Wait until your flu is over, but then do a search on fibromyalgia.

Thread Information