Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "hospitality" room at small conferences

A therapy dog would prevent me and others with allergies from entering that room. Just an FYI yo consider.

Most of the hospitality rooms of my experience were sponsored by vendors looking to ply the unwary with liquor and hors d'ouevres to get them on their contacts database.

I have only had small hospitality rooms before, it usually fills the need to socialize, take a phone call, connect to your tech, and get coffee and snack. They have been reduced quite a bit over the last couple years, but no beer kegs ever in education conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Most of the hospitality rooms of my experience were sponsored by vendors looking to ply the unwary with liquor and hors d'ouevres to get them on their contacts database.
    Haha, you run in higher end circle than I do, now that I'm retired.

These are all hobby groups I belong to, and none of them make real money. Bulldogs, when done right, is a money losing proposition. Growing lilies isn't lucrative but for the large Dutch bulb companies and usually only a couple of Dutchmen show up to,this cobpnference.

Agree that vendors push a lot of money into professional conferences.

rodeo, the tip about paper and pens in the hospitality room is good, I might include that.

Besides most art fairs having nice hospitality rooms (with food all day) quite a few also offer a few people doing those chair massages. Nice for hurting bodies from setting up/tearing down and standing.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information