Thread: I'm Back, came here at age 30 now 40! and with baby!!Deeper simplifying!

I'm Back, came here at age 30 now 40! and with baby!!Deeper simplifying!

Hi Everyone!
    So good to be back. I found this forum it's like my second home and family!I found it at age 30 as a way to get ideas and support to
    simplify from all the material and spiritual chaos. It took a few years and I learned alot from the forum. Now I'm forty and just had a baby, more chaos has shown up since I have two high schoolers on the brink of college. My plan is to simplify again especially our house has shrunk considerably with our kids. I'm hoping to learn from others about creating minimalist home and stocking up for the winter. Looking for some advice!!Thanks!!

Very cool, sylvia! Great to see you back!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

rodeosweetheart
    I love that you are 40 and just had a baby. How awesome, congratulations!

We just bought a 40dollar freezer on Craigslist and are thrilled--why didn't we do this sooner. Are freezing lots and lots of seasonal produce and it's so great to have dinners in there, and with a new baby, it would really help.

Thanks for the congrats, but having a baby at 40 comes with its own challenges and I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Maturity and experience helps, frugality and simplicity is essential.I have no issues buying baby clothes at the second hand store, I took out our old crib but the nuts and bolts were missing and was discontinued so we bought a new crib, everything else is ebay, second hand etc.We have a freezer but needs to be defrosted so its a pain. i would love to trade for an extra fridge. Im doing bulk shopping and car trips once week I do all errands while hubby stays with baby. Im trying to put together a dependable food list and menu for the month as food is our biggest expense with two teen aged boys.

Thread Information