Thread: Sis and BIL decluttered today!

Sis and BIL decluttered today!

My sis and BIL decluttered today! It wasn't comprehensive. But it was a handful of garbage bags.

Here is what is cool: When they had "tough decisions" about whether to keep something or to get rid of it, they came to me to ask for advice and additional perspectives.

Small victories...

What's the saying? Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

That's excellent!
    It can be really hard to know what to toss when you start, or even if you've been simplifying for a while.
    I'm sure having you on hand was a great help!

I see why some simple living types become professional organizers/right-sizers! haha

I don't really have the bedside manner for it though -- I am a bit too "Spock" for that.

I was happy when my impending arrival resulted in my BF doing some decluttering as well. Without before/after pictures I'm not really aware of the difference, but I trust that he did quite a bit as he told me all about it for multiple days.

My sis and BIL have decluttered a handful of times. I can tell the difference in certain rooms and spaces.

I have been getting the house cleared out because we plan on selling in the spring. A neighbor came over recently and was teasing me by saying "Echo chamber." The rooms are free of clutter. I like it! Still a ways to go but getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I have been getting the house cleared out because we plan on selling in the spring. A neighbor came over recently and was teasing me by saying "Echo chamber." The rooms are free of clutter. I like it! Still a ways to go but getting there.
    It sounds like you are making excellent progress!

Thread Information