Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving ideas...

Some people just don't like dogs. Some people have allergies. I just keep my pup away from these people and vice versa. It is not a big deal and there is no need, in my opinion, to take that personally.

I understand how people, my girlfriend included, want everyone to love their dog -- or even how they expect everyone love their dog -- but that is just not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I understand how people, my girlfriend included, want everyone to love their dog -- or even how they expect everyone love their dog -- but that is just not reality.
    Change dog to children, same thing.
    If at my family get togethers, all of the parties brought their dogs like some of them do (take them everywhere, or try to), no one would be able to visit between accidents, and incidents caused by/to the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I did volunteer to watch her dog. But she said: "That is not the point! The point is that my dogs are like my family members and I want to be with them on the holidays too."

She has two dogs. Everyone loves one of the dogs and everyone dislikes the other dog. So her sister asked her to leave the dog no one likes at home.
    Then your gf is off. If they welcome one dog and shun the other, it's because the other has had behavior problems or physical issues.

It's not reasonable to expect all families to accept all dogs along with guests. I don't expect it, even though DHs family has been pretty welcoming of our dogs who are not easy.

Besides, We ourselves don't always want to take them on vacation. We once stuck our own dogs in a kennel for a few days and went on vacation, taking a dog we were fostering. He was well behaved, haha. He got to stay in an old hotel with a doorman and he took it in stride and did NOT go after the hotel's cat.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Then your gf is off. If they welcome one dog and shun the other, it's because the other has had behavior problems or physical issues.

It's not reasonable to expect all families to accept all dogs along with guests. I don't expect it, even though DHs family has been pretty welcoming of our dogs who are not easy.

Besides, We ourselves don't always want to take them on vacation. We once stuck our own dogs in a kennel for a few days and went on vacation, taking a dog we were fostering. He was well behaved, haha. He got to stay in an old hotel with a doorman and he took it in stride and did NOT go after the hotel's cat.
    Well, she is going but I am not sure what is going to happen with her dogs. I think she should just let me watch the wild one. It actually gets along with my dog.

In a way I am glad she is going. She likes her family time and I like to go to Taj Palace for curry and masala.

Thread Information