Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one down

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Wasn't Kasich running?
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And Cruz. I think he'll be in longer than Jeb Bush.
    It seems to me that Kasich and Cruz are being ignored by the media unless they do or say something in hopes of attention, at which time a negative slant is portrayed. The media seems to promote whoever they consider the most entertaining.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Could Kasich be a tortoise who'll win the race by going slow and steady?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Could Kasich be a tortoise who'll win the race by going slow and steady?
    The way Guiliani did 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The way Guiliani did 8 years ago?
    We can only hope!

I'd strongly prefer Trump to win.

I had forgotten about Cruz and Rubio. (Shows how much attention I'm giving this!)

Did they already drum Fiorina out of the corps?

I would say Christie would be the next one out.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I would say Christie would be the next one out.
    I'm kind of bummed about that. I believe that Trump stole Christie's thunder. Of course Christie didn't help himself by being tangled in Bridgegate, but he would have survived better without Trump being the louder of the loud in-your-face, say-it-like-it-is politicians.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    There is no way in hell Trump will be your nominee. That is not his purpose. Fiorina is in the wrong party to get serious consideration. Christie hugged his way out of consideration before he even decided to run. Kasich is a man without a brand. Someone to be considered for VP. Jeb Bush is the only one that has an organization out in front of him waiting for him to catch up, but he just can't seem to get interested in the whole Presidential Nominee rigamarole. Rubio is a guy that could say all the right things and tow the party line....he is a real front runner but he is awfully young. The Republican Establishment is scared stiff of Cruz because he is like a pit bull on a rusty chain. Never know when he is going to break loose and bite the neighbors kid.

My guess is they settle for a Rubio even though it means losing to Hillary.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I am of the opinion that we will have a Republican President next time around. It's just my gut feeling and even though I am a liberal and even though I personally like Hillary Clinton, I realize that she is a polarizing figure and there are many who can't stand her. Because I feel this way I am very concerned about who gets the GOP nomination.....I personally would want it to go to Rubio as he doesn't strike me as too radical.....but I'd rather it go to anyone other than Trump as I can't even see the Republicans, his own party to date, working with him. He would make for very embarrassing and entertaining sound bites of his latest - kind of like we had a governor in Arizona, Evan Mecham, in the mid to late 80's who was always putting his foot in his mouth and thankfully was impeached. I believe such would happen with Trump - eventual impeachment and such would not make the GOP look good.

I hope for all of us, no matter which side of the aisle, Trump does not get the nomination. OTOH, if he does, and it's a Trump and Clinton battle, I have the feeling that would get very interesting as I believe Hillary could hold her own against Trump. We'll see but my take away here is if it's a Republican President next time, I'm hoping for Rubio......Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 11-19-15 at 5:10pm.

Thread Information