Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many socks?

rodeosweetheart

How many socks?

As part of my wardrobe decluttering/ seasonal clothing switch, I reorganized two of my three drawers last night, and find myself wondering,

How many pairs of socks do other people have?

Lol. They breed in there, don't blame me. I've gotten it down to half a tallboy dresser drawer, DH's take up most of one.

I have ten pairs of socks. I knit eight of them. The other two are black socks that I kept, since it's hard for me to knit with black yarn. I love my hand knit socks. I bought spectacular yarn that is hand dyed in Czechloslovakia. It's really good wool. They last and last. They're also really warm and comfortable.

I have 6 pair of white sports ankle socks. Only because I bought a new 6 pack a couple months ago. As they get stained (I'm bad about running out onto the decks in my socks) I'll toss them. I like my white socks to stay white.
    I have 8 pair of black(4), gray (2), brown (2).
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I think I have about 14 pairs.

6 for "business."

6 for casual.

2 for inside my boots during ice-out fishing in early spring.

I probably have 20 pair and another dozen or so half-pairs. Being the eternal optimist I believe some of the missing ones will eventually return home
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I probably have 20 pair and another dozen or so half-pairs. Being the eternal optimist I believe some of the missing ones will eventually return home
    I am kind of at Alan but trying to move in the direction of awakened soul. I got rid of all half pairs except one last night, and I am knitting my first pair with the self striping wool.

It is really interesting to read all the different approaches. I half a drawer full now, but I decided I should count and not go over a certain number.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I use to keep a plastic dishpan on top of the dryer to collect those poor lost "half-pairs". That was one of the first things I gave up when the boys left for college. I'm so excited to not have to match pairs anymore or make the dreaded decision to toss.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I LOVE socks and probably have at least 50-pairs. I have a 15"x21" sock drawer in our closet (which once was a small storage box on the closet shelf), and whatever will fit in that drawer are all that I will ever have. I like to organize things by storage space available. I also keep my belts in that drawer.

I have socks that are easily 3 or 4 decades old, many I knit myself. Some of those I only wear when I need to put on two pair of socks because they are old and stretched out, but still useful. I have a combination of cotton and wool socks I wear from fall until spring.

The 3-pair of SmartWool workout socks (several years old) will probably last me the rest of my life they wear so well, and I'll never purchase cotton socks for exercising ever again.... They just don't last as long as wool, nor do they feel as good as wool. I'm eliminating many of my older cotton socks as they get worn. I'm also good at darning socks, so you'll find some of those in my drawer as well. I've even re-knit the heels on some of my older knitted socks.

I have several pairs of "FUN" socks - a couple for St. Patrick's Day and also Christmas - which are several decades old. A pair with flashlights on them (one of my favorite things in all the world are flashlights) was a gift. In fact, many of my socks were gifts, and we always give good-quality socks to our family as gifts.

I have a number of black and navy socks I bought for 25-cents a pair in the boy's department of a store. I'll never need to purchase them ever again because they were purchased at stock-up prices. A few pair of socks in colors for specific outfits.

I have 30 pairs.

Thread Information