Thread: Shoes

TxZen

Shoes

I just had to laugh. 2 years ago, I was teetering around in my corporate suits and hi heels. Now, I wear all flats. I have 2 pairs of bright comfy sneakers and my kids love them. How life changes for the better.

When I got my first job after being home a few years I had no work shoes! Only birkenstocks and running shoes. Now I have things that run the full range (not really heels however). Today I get to wear the fancy shoes, my black and red Ariat boots!!

I wear flats constantly. I love ballet-style flats because they're VERY comfortable and all-purpose. They don't look dowdy or frumpy, and I can wear them with skirts, nice pants, or yoga pants. I'm partial to Aerosoles, and I have about 5 pair of ballet flats in different colors.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I wear flats, they don't pay me enough not to (I've never even learned to walk on heels - how does one do it? unless it's the rather flat not really heels type of heels, I don't wear those either really, but at least I wouldn't fall down trying to).
    Trees don't grow on money

I own two pair of shoes. Either/both are fine for church, being out in public, taking a walk, whatever. I also have another pair of shoes that snow/ice grippers fasten onto, but I haven't worn them in probably 15 years. Though it does snow in Idaho, I haven't needed to use then yet, but I won't get rid of them. Mostly, in the house I wear socks only. I couldn't care less about the "fashion" part of shoes.

I think I have too much footwear. A pair of cruddy-looking (but very comfortable) sneakers for everyday work. A pair of "nice" sneakers for occasions when cruddy-looking shoes are not appropriate. Two pairs of casual shoes (brown, black) for occasions when sneakers are not appropriate. A pair of black dress shoes for occasions when casual shoes are not appropriate. A pair of insulated waterproof boots (standard issue in Minnesota).

Hmm. Seems to be a decluttering opportunity in there. Not quite there yet.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I hate buying shoes. I never wear them in the house. I have never worn heels-just dressy flats for special occasions. I own 7 pairs of shoes.

I've always been fond of shoes. I remember having a pair of high heels (at least four inch) that I bought purely because they were pretty. they had some kind of exotic wood platforms (probably endangered) and lots of narrow lipstick red patent straps. My beloved and I were going to the movies, and I figured there wouldn't be a lot of walking, so on they went. Between my congenitally unstable knees and my inexperience walking in anything higher than an inch or two, I found myself clinging to his arm for the short walk into the theater. I hope it made him feel manly and protective --it just made me feel like fool for fashion. I wish I'd kept those shoes; they really were lovely. Could've framed 'em in a shadow box or something...

I've never worn heels - they weren't popular when I was in high school and I never learned how to walk in them.
    I have a lot of shoes right now as my feet have gone through many changes and sizes in the past few years (broken foot.)
    There are only three pairs I wear regularly - Birkenstocks, hiking boots, and a pair of Keen Presidios. I have a pair of Keen Bern Boots that I love but are currently too big for me. I need to do something with all these shoes I have that I can't wear anymore!

Thread Information