Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Article: How to Stick With Minimalism During the Holiday Shopping Season

  1. #61
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10,216
    I live in "Little India." I can ride my bike to like 8 or 9 different Indian restaurants and a few Indian grocery stores too. There are also Indian fashion/clothing stores around. When I bought my car the dealer gave me a gift certificate for $100 to the Indian restaurant nearest my house! I went to the buffet ten days in a row!

  2. #62
    rodeosweetheart
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I live in "Little India." I can ride my bike to like 8 or 9 different Indian restaurants and a few Indian grocery stores too. There are also Indian fashion/clothing stores around. When I bought my car the dealer gave me a gift certificate for $100 to the Indian restaurant nearest my house! I went to the buffet ten days in a row!
    Okay, that is officially the coolest new car incentive ever. Why don't more car dealers do that??

  3. #63
    Senior Member kib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Arizona
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    i have not had butter chicken. When I looked it up, it seems to be the main thing served by Indian restaurants,hmmm. But it won't work for my third dish, I want something that's not served on rice. Tandoori chicken is the one
    I'm thinking of Tandoei chicken, that's it! surely I can make a mock version without a Tandori oven.
    Could you create a tandoori -themed shish-ka-bab? Yum!

  4. #64
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,489
    Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Could you create a tandoori -themed shish-ka-bab? Yum!

    That's a very good idea. I can see that working to provide a dish for those who want to mostly veg and protein.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10,216
    Do you ever make pakora?

  6. #66
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,489
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Do you ever make pakora?
    nope, don't know what it is.

    Off to google it.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    nope, don't know what it is.

    Off to google it.
    Its bad for ya! But so yummy.

    I lived near an Indian grocer in college and they sold some pre-made pakora mix that was pretty good! So I used to make it several times a week back in the day.

    Hint: You need a deep fryer!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •