Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years is coming up, anyone considering a resolution?

New Years is coming up, anyone considering a resolution?

For the past several years I have been doing New Year's Resolutions I am thinking of doing one or two this year too.

Anyone else kicking around resolution ideas?

Lol. I restart my life with fresh goals and ideas every two days as it is. Perhaps my resolution will be to make no new resolutions for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Lol. I restart my life with fresh goals and ideas every two days as it is. Perhaps my resolution will be to make no new resolutions for a year.
    I have thought of this too. haha

I usually start my resolutions on New Years, or in July on my birthday. They are usually a year. Though I am in the midst of a two year resolution/challenge now.

But I also do month long or shorter ones throughout the year as well.

Chop wood, carry water.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Chop wood, carry water.
    Good work-out right there!

Nope.

Hogmanay is our biggest celebration of the year. It is tradition to resolve any arguments with everyone before going into the new year. In Scots families that's enough.

Wow, bae, that's a lot of wood!

I'm not big on new year's resolutions but I like to make goals lists some years, often money-related ones. Put $XX into retirement accounts, put $xx towards a replacement appliance, put $xx to some home repair. Like that. I'm trying to get away from money-related ones.

Maybe something like: make more frequent photobooks of the kids instead of keeping all the photos on my phone. They love to flip through actual photobooks.

Or something else I'm thinking of (sort of money related): earn and save enough in the first quarter to be able to take 3-4 weeks off and travel with the kids over the summer.

Not sure that either of those counts as a resolution. Still more of a goal type thing.

I love lists and goals but I'm a big believer of waiting until New Years Day to put them to paper. I make a few goals and try to start better habits. I usually fail and by my birthday in Feb I re-vamp and really make my lists/goals.
    My parents always spent New Years Day morning in bed with coffee and their notebooks. I hope I inherit my dad's farm books. I love looking through each year's farm plan dating back to '67 the year I was born. Legends, graphs, lists, colored pencil drawings, and his monthly to-do lists including call sissy (me).
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I gave up on New Year's resolutions years ago. There are just too many "opportunities" throughout the year to really clean the slate and start fresh. I do much better choosing one thing to work on and keeping at it for a while, regardless of the calendar date. In fact, some things are better accomplished at certain times of the year. I'm more likely to get out and exercise and make it a habit if it's not 3 degrees and icy outside.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information