Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: New Years is coming up, anyone considering a resolution?

  1. #21
    Senior Member kib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Arizona
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm another one who prefers goals, and sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    A goal to be Nicer to yourself? that's wonderful!

  2. #22
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    8,792
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm another one who prefers goals, and sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    You are my hero!

  3. #23
    Senior Member kib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Arizona
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    ok, I do have to have an exercise goal, after all. I've finally been told I can ride a recumbent bike, no extra walking or treadmill, which would be a hell of a lot easier since I can both walk and own a treadmill. But if I haven't caught on by now that too much extra walking leads to bad things and I will eventually have a traumatic brain injury or at the very least, I'm gonna break my nose, then I am a half wit.

    I am supposed to find a recumbent bike that the pedals are above heart level. I don't think my cardiologist has ever been to a gym because I have never seen a recumbent bike like that before, you'd have to be practically sitting on the floor with your feet in the air. And I can find no such thing online. I found the perfect bike, cushy seat, armrests, a place to put my mini so I can watch movies, it's $75 more than one without these and other features. But I confess I am dreading this with every shred of my being because I know this is going to be pathetically slow going (I am to start at 5 mins for a week and increase by 5 mins every week), so I want those armrests and an easy way to watch netflix. It's $350, gulp and guilt. I'm just holding off to see if the price drops in January when exercise equipment goes on sale.

    I have had a craigslist alert for months, no recumbent bikes and I am on the list for Play it Again Sports, no luck there either, besides their prices are high. So time to seriously look at buying.
    This might be crazy, but could you maybe ... ok, how about lying on the floor, with a pillow under your head, and having a pedaling device either raised up on a box, or attached to the wall. Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-012...+exerciser#Ask Sorry, you might have to hold your mini in one hand.

    ... looking at it, if you were lying on the floor it's possible you could adjust the pedals to be above your heart with no platform.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    This might be crazy, but could you maybe ... ok, how about lying on the floor, with a pillow under your head, and having a pedaling device either raised up on a box, or attached to the wall. Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-012...+exerciser#Ask Sorry, you might have to hold your mini in one hand.

    ... looking at it, if you were lying on the floor it's possible you could adjust the pedals to be above your heart with no platform.
    that's a good idea! I will look into trying that, saves money and may work better, thanks

  5. #25
    Senior Member kib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast Arizona
    Posts
    2,570
    I have gotten good feedback asking questions on Amazon of people who actually own the items I'm considering buying, you could put it out there - 'do you think this could be customized to use while recumbent' or some such. $350 is unappealing for something you're not sure about!

  6. #26
    Senior Member SteveinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,127
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    Those are the goals I always accomplish....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

  7. #27
    rodeosweetheart
    Guest
    One statistic I have always remembered is that Denmark is one of the happiest countries on earth, if not the happiest, and they coincidentally?? have

    a. the highest rate of library usage in the world

    b. the highest rate of fresh flower buying in the world.

    So am off to buy some flowers and go to the library now!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    I have gotten good feedback asking questions on Amazon of people who actually own the items I'm considering buying, you could put it out there - 'do you think this could be customized to use while recumbent' or some such. $350 is unappealing for something you're not sure about!
    it sure is! good idea

  9. #29
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    One statistic I have always remembered is that Denmark is one of the happiest countries on earth, if not the happiest, and they coincidentally?? have

    a. the highest rate of library usage in the world

    b. the highest rate of fresh flower buying in the world.

    So am off to buy some flowers and go to the library now!
    Visiting the library more often would be a good one for me!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,248
    I like ones I can't break, I feel compelled to rebel against goals that even I set for myself. Here are some
    * remain the same shoe size
    * not fall in love with my gay friend
    * accept my hair
    * clip toe nails on a regular basis


    Sometimes I set a financial or a meditation goal, but so much happens in life that I feel better about setting a goal to go back to tracking or meditating if life happens to interrupt.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •