Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years is coming up, anyone considering a resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm another one who prefers goals, and sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    A goal to be Nicer to yourself? that's wonderful!

I'm another one who prefers goals, and sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    You are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    ok, I do have to have an exercise goal, after all. I've finally been told I can ride a recumbent bike, no extra walking or treadmill, which would be a hell of a lot easier since I can both walk and own a treadmill. But if I haven't caught on by now that too much extra walking leads to bad things and I will eventually have a traumatic brain injury or at the very least, I'm gonna break my nose, then I am a half wit.

I am supposed to find a recumbent bike that the pedals are above heart level. I don't think my cardiologist has ever been to a gym because I have never seen a recumbent bike like that before, you'd have to be practically sitting on the floor with your feet in the air. And I can find no such thing online. I found the perfect bike, cushy seat, armrests, a place to put my mini so I can watch movies, it's $75 more than one without these and other features. But I confess I am dreading this with every shred of my being because I know this is going to be pathetically slow going (I am to start at 5 mins for a week and increase by 5 mins every week), so I want those armrests and an easy way to watch netflix. It's $350, gulp and guilt. I'm just holding off to see if the price drops in January when exercise equipment goes on sale.

I have had a craigslist alert for months, no recumbent bikes and I am on the list for Play it Again Sports, no luck there either, besides their prices are high. So time to seriously look at buying.
    This might be crazy, but could you maybe ... ok, how about lying on the floor, with a pillow under your head, and having a pedaling device either raised up on a box, or attached to the wall. Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-012...+exerciser#Ask Sorry, you might have to hold your mini in one hand.

... looking at it, if you were lying on the floor it's possible you could adjust the pedals to be above your heart with no platform.

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    This might be crazy, but could you maybe ... ok, how about lying on the floor, with a pillow under your head, and having a pedaling device either raised up on a box, or attached to the wall. Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-012...+exerciser#Ask Sorry, you might have to hold your mini in one hand.

... looking at it, if you were lying on the floor it's possible you could adjust the pedals to be above your heart with no platform.
    that's a good idea! I will look into trying that, saves money and may work better, thanks

I have gotten good feedback asking questions on Amazon of people who actually own the items I'm considering buying, you could put it out there - 'do you think this could be customized to use while recumbent' or some such. $350 is unappealing for something you're not sure about!

sometimes I do fun resolutions like "eat more lobster," or "have fresh flowers in the house more often."
    Those are the goals I always accomplish....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

rodeosweetheart
    One statistic I have always remembered is that Denmark is one of the happiest countries on earth, if not the happiest, and they coincidentally?? have

a. the highest rate of library usage in the world

b. the highest rate of fresh flower buying in the world.

So am off to buy some flowers and go to the library now!

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    I have gotten good feedback asking questions on Amazon of people who actually own the items I'm considering buying, you could put it out there - 'do you think this could be customized to use while recumbent' or some such. $350 is unappealing for something you're not sure about!
    it sure is! good idea

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    One statistic I have always remembered is that Denmark is one of the happiest countries on earth, if not the happiest, and they coincidentally?? have

a. the highest rate of library usage in the world

b. the highest rate of fresh flower buying in the world.

So am off to buy some flowers and go to the library now!
    Visiting the library more often would be a good one for me!

I like ones I can't break, I feel compelled to rebel against goals that even I set for myself. Here are some
    * remain the same shoe size
    * not fall in love with my gay friend
    * accept my hair
    * clip toe nails on a regular basis

Sometimes I set a financial or a meditation goal, but so much happens in life that I feel better about setting a goal to go back to tracking or meditating if life happens to interrupt.

Thread Information