Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often did you change your major in college?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Hey williamsmith, some of us just know what we want up front! - 25 years and ticking....
    I didn't know what I wanted but I lucked out and literally stumbled into a gem who I have been with officially for 32 years. She must have liked my long hair, mismatched clothes, hippie politics and lack of direction. Kinda like brInging a straggly starving filthy dog home. A fixer upper project. I'm almost completely rehabilitated now, a few fough edges but loyal.

Picked a major my senior year of high school and stuck with it.

Daughter has switched majors once (as a freshman), then added a minor, then made the minor a second major.

I never changed my major (Biology) during my undergrad years. I started college with the plan of a career in entomology, and got the chance to work in a couple of labs. But the more I saw of academic life, the less I thought it was for me. The petty politics, the constant scramble for funding, the conformity to a sort of social/political orthodoxy didn't seem like the stuff of a well-lived life. I finished school and got an Air Force commission through ROTC, so I decided to get an MBA and a Masters in Accounting while I served in the military so I'd have some earning power in civilian life. It worked out pretty well for me, in terms both of money and personal satisfaction.

Once. STarted Nursing school....hated it. Switched to Surgical Technologist. 3Y later? Back to Nursing school.

Thread Information