Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Climate change advice from the NYT

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Unlike the last president?
    Both are Ivy League nitwits who have not a clue what real Americans hope and pray for each night when they crawl under the covers. Both shredded the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Both are Ivy League nitwits who have not a clue what real Americans hope and pray for each night when they crawl under the covers. Both shredded the Constitution.
    I agree with you 100%.

Williamsmith
    I agree with you 100%.

I think that covers it.

I agree with you 100%.

Wait, shouldn't a newspaper, say something about all the tree's cut down to make paper and newspapers, and how much CO2 won't get absorbed by those dead trees?

Help fight climate change, stop buying our paper.

The trees used to make newsprint wouldn't get planted if there weren't old people still reading actual newspapers. They are farmed, sort of like vegetables except taller.

The trees used to make newsprint wouldn't get planted if there weren't old people still reading actual newspapers. They are farmed, sort of like vegetables except taller.
    They do now, although they didn't used to. Also a mature tree absorbs more CO2 then a younger tree, so there is still the diminishing returns thing. The roll the eyes smiley, though I thought was more of the sarcastic smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    By my accounting the last president who was both a decent leader and had strong morals was Eisenhower, and I'm not sure about him.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Consciousness needs to shift. I walk or ride my bike 95% of the time. People are always offering me rides. The concept that I can walk the two miles to the library and back, stopping to grab some things at the grocery store or farmers market (luckily every Saturday) seems insane to them. I intend to walk and cycle as long as I can to preserve my health along with the planet. I cannot understand why everyone doesn't get that, especially if you are retired and living where the weather is good.

personally I think we have gone too far, and developing nations are not going to say we'll go without all your conveniences, electronics and cars to save the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Consciousness needs to shift.
    I don't see this happening, though I agree we need it to happen.

I was just talking this over with some friends. Their view is to work to make this shift happen on the grand scale.

For me though, I suggested we focus on our own small community of folks and try to become more resilient, interdependent, and self-reliant. This is not a popular idea though...

Thread Information