Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's growing?

What's growing?

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and winter greens are doing very well. Garlic planted. Herbs still out on the porch. Anything growing in your garden?

Arugula, cabbage, beets and mesclun. I have had a horrible time with squirrels eating everything this year - and digging things up.

Lemon, lime, grapefruit, tomato, mixed lettuces. Also rosemary, basil, tarragon, mint, oregano, parsley, chives.

Nothing in our yard (that was all cleared out at the end of October). The lowest temp. has been 15°F, but it's a balmy, and VERY unseasonable, 70°F today). I have all my "crops" growing indoors - AeroGarden, Windowfarm, wheatgrass, micro-greens, sprouts (my "garden-in-a-jar"), and herbs (chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage).

Kale, collards, swiss chard (though it looks sad after a recent frost), cauliflower (likewise sad-looking at the moment). And weeds. Did I mention the weeds?

Sprouts are growing in the kitchen. Hard frost most nights outside, growing season ended mostly in October, with some lettuce lingering into November.

It's unseasonably warm here too, for Dec. We had 60's this week! In WA State! But also torrential rains. Today gorgeous! Go figure.

I still have herbs growing in pots on my deck, carrots, parsley, chard, kale growing in my raised beds. I had squirrel problems, too. And finches! they consumed my baby greens!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My amaryllis bulb, "Apple Blossom" which is supposed to be a pretty pink and white color. That's about as garden-y as it gets in my household.

Front and back yards are xeriscaped which the landscaper has to trim every few months. Watering is done by irrigation system on a timer. Easy peasy.

Nothing here in South Western Ontario....unseasonably warm but, even that does not make it warm enough to grow anything.
    Except like Lainey one of those Amaryllis bulb, "Apple Blossom" which is supposed to be a pretty pink and white color inside the house.lol

We had a bumper crop of oranges and lemons this year. Froze lemon juice in 1/2 cup portions.

Thread Information