Thread: Welcome from an old-timer

Wink Welcome from an old-timer

Hi All!

Glad to be back and looking around. Looks like a real good job was done by all.

Jonathan

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Hi, Jonathan, good to see you here, I miss your posts from back in 2005 and 2006. This place I think is going to work and be cool and perhaps even bring in new people with new viewpoints to offer, I feel only good about it. Rob of the Valley once more (used to be Rob in Phoenix)

Hi Jonathan, good to have you back. Have missed your posts!!!

Hi Jonathan - Glad to see you back. I wondered where you dissapeared too - maybe caught in a Minnesota snow bank don't cha know!

(formerly She-Rah)

Jonathan, so glad to see you back. Still have my copy of Simple Living in the City!

Ditto what gail_d said (I really do still have your book) So good to see you here!

Jonathan! We'd all been hoping you'd wander in and say hi! Hope life is treating you well and that you will have a little extra time to poke around here.

Nice to hear from you again and hoping that life is fun for you.
    razz aka Danny
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Hi Jonathan - Glad to see you back. I wondered where you dissapeared too - maybe caught in a Minnesota snow bank don't cha know!)
    Heh! Almost! The snow pile in the boulevard was approaching 4 feet over the holidays! It's melted a bit now. But you can sure get your car stuck in a hurry! :0

I'm involved more in theatre at the moment. I'm a volunteer actor for a Sexual Abuse awareness program in conjunction with the county Victim's Services org and the local middle schools. I've also been on stage for a paying audience (scary thought that) in a few minor roles (I can't memorize fast enough for major roles, even if I looked like a leading character, which I don't). Besides, it's the minor roles that "steal the show", not the main characters. And with few lines, all I have to remember is blocking... There's lots of fun roles if you don't have the ego-need to be Fudly Stuckwell (reverse the initial sounds). Also doing stuff around the stage - run spots, build set pieces, strike shows, move scenery, make/repair pros, keep the stage manager happy (often my wife), and whatnot.

I took time off from the forums to write, but the project fell through (keep those copies of LSITC nice, there will not be a second edition). I've got a few ideas perking, but nothing I want to put into print badly enough to do it yet. Moving didn't help this.

Work is work; those of you with day jobs understand. Not a HSSJ, but still 10 hours a day shot...

As the song says: It's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    (keep those copies of LSITC nice, there will not be a second edition)
    Oh No!!!! Unfortunately I didn't get to read the first one (was I in that one???) but am at the library now and will see if they have a copy. If not, maybe someone here can direct me towards one. You sound WAY to busy to write at this time - what with hamming it up on stage and all :-)! I, as usual, am doing nothing!! Ah, life is sweet. Lazy Lindi (formally She-Rah and changing my new name to Lazy Lindi instead of Spartana soon)

Thread Information