Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolution: Lose Weight.

Williamsmith
    I'm a guy so I could care less about recording my weight for all to see. My wife of 32 years has never revealed her weight to me, so I understand and the weight ratio works nicely. This morning I check in at 193 looking to get to 180.

I am going to stick with what brung me here. Limit my sugar intake. Coffee...no sugar or cream. Fruit juice...not a corn syrup concentrate. No doughnuts, Christmas cookies gone, no chocolate candy. No ice cream.

Also liquid fasting after 7 pm until the next morning. Combined with as much walking as my back can tolerate and I think this can be accomplished in just a few months time.

I started the day with a jar of strong coffee and three ounces of heavy cream. No sugar. Pretty much the usual...
    I'll probably have (leftover) pork ribs, cabbage, carrots, and onions for lunch.

I am in the maintain zone. I have heard that sometimes after you go through the full menopause that you can lose weight easier then. I have gone through stretches of watching calories and increasing exercise and my weight has not changed over the last 2 -3 years. Very demoralizing. I have made tiny bits of progress on exercise and a couple times a year a virus will trigger some asthma stuff and I will get out of it again.

So my goal is to exercise on any day there is not my regular work schedule (which includes a fair amount of walking) and to watch the Dove dark chocolate bars . I think my diet is pretty good and is balanced with bringing my lunch daily at work, home cooking and all that.

I started out thinking 20 but am now thinking 10 and any more is a bonus. A pound a month is nice and slow for this 67 year old body. I maintained last year- no loss, but no gain. So- adding more vegetables and putting a star on the calendar for every day I eat 6 vegetable servings. Fruit isn't a problem- an apple or blueberries every morning and a banana. Back to at least 7000 steps a day- have been slacking off horribly the last 2 weeks. So, today 0/15. I love to read everyone's plan.

1/1/16, 11:00 am, post-breakfast pre-lunch and nekkid (damn it's cold in that bathroom) 0/20. I'm at the same weight I was pre-christmas, but this is after an unfortunate, er, spicy chili incident, so I wouldn't be surprised if reality is more like 0/21.5. On we go!

My work for this week is to get my fitbit working again (step counter), and keep a food and step log. I think my breakfast - protein powder in coffee with milk -isn't terrible, and I usually have a salad for lunch and tomato juice in the afternoon. It's dinner and post-dinner snacking that gets to me, lots of calories and lots of carbs, so I think I'll start with A. 2 non-starchy veggies instead of a veggie and a starch, and B. a modification of WilliamSmith's suggestion; a limit of 1 piece of fruit or 1 hard candy after dinner. For some reason having something sweet signals the end of the eating to me, otherwise I get into the popcorn. And no alcohol this week, except I do have an upcoming celebration, I'll allow myself a toast when it happens.

Hi all, I'm in, too.
    My number: 0/30.
    Over the past several years I've lost 51# on Weight Watchers and I still attend, weighing in on Thursdays. This thread will be an even greater accountability tool.
    My weakness is sweets as well, and my workplace is a minefield, candy bowls and people bringing in baked goods continually. It takes all of the little will I have to resist it all.
    I have a Garmin VivoFit device, and I've become pretty good at ignoring it...time to reacquaint myself. I find myself in the late afternoon in wonderment how I've spent the past 7 hours at my desk rarely getting up. That has got to stop. No one cares if I go out for a brisk walk!
    I also attend water aerobics classes 3x/week.
    So....we're checking in how often?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I still weigh too much, but eating a whole food plant based diet sure makes it easy to keep the weight off. A lot of people find that when they change to this lifestyle they get a lot of food and lose a lot of weight. Just my 2 bits.

Jasmine tea for breakfast (because I didn't want to go to the store for cream). Got on the scale to find the damage from the holidays was only four pounds. Planning on a brunch of eggs scrambled in butter with cheese, and bacon--maybe with sauteed cabbage. Dinner will probably be turkey and a salad with homemade Roquefort.

I'll try also.... 0/25. Will use my new Inspiralizer more to get more vegetables!

KayLR, it's up to you, I will post whenever, but I'm only going to weigh in once a week, on Fridays.

Yesterday I recorded everything I ate, surprised at the number of carbs in my typical "low" carb diet. Although I forgot to subtract grams of fiber from the total carb count, so maybe it was a little better than I thought. Did fine on the calories, no alcohol, and took 3000 steps, not exactly a marathon but better than nothing.

Thread Information