Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 what films are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Off the Map with Sam Elliot and Joan Allen amongst others. Slow paced but lovely, quirky and thought provoking. Saw it days ago and still thinking about it.
    We've watched that a couple times and have always liked it.

I just enjoyed the series Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. Takes place in London about an unlikely couple

Just saw 10 Cloverfield Lane... totally hokey... not worth seeing IMHO.

I decided to start the "Game of Thrones" series through Netflix. We liked "Homeland", but they don't seem to want to put the last season out on DVD. So I thought we'd give Game of Thrones a try.
    Yuck. Watched it for about half an hour and decided to send the 2 discs back. Anyone out there actually like it?

everyone I know loves it, I hated it but only watched one episode

I liked Game of THrones and we zipped through the first season fast.

But havent watched any since then. I am waiting for the entire series to be completed andyes I k ow that is years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I liked Game of THrones and we zipped through the first season fast.

But havent watched any since then. I am waiting for the entire series to be completed andyes I k ow that is years down the road.
    I read the books and loved them. I watched the series and liked it. I'm enjoying the new season a bit more though as the story line has now gone beyond the last published book in the series. Not knowing what twists and turns to expect makes it better.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I like Game of Thrones. It's good Hollywood escapism, well produced. Decent plot that keeps you guessing. I think you have you have to be a scifi/fantasy fan. At least for me I've found that you have to watch two or three of those longer series before you get to know the characters and get into the plot.

I liked the series, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's a sitcom series from Netflix streaming. Basically mindless positive entertainment and at least better than any of the comedies on broadcast TV.

We watched Where to Invade Next. It was much as expected. The most notable feature to me was what bad shape Michael Moore is in. He is not aging well.

I watched Stranger by the Lake last night, a French film. The librarian warned me that it had lots of nudity. Gosh, I guess! There was lots of sex between men.

It took place at a gay cruising place in France, a lake front, and it showed the social dynamic of that place. A murder provided the drama.

It wasnt great, but it was interesting and I havent figured out what the last scene means.This is an art film, not a traditional thriller.

Thread Information