Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 what films are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Although not a movie, we have been watching Making a Murder on Netflix. It has been driving me crazy. We only have two episodes left and I don't know if I can finish.
    I'm not sure if I even liked it, but I couldn't quit watching it to the end. It was certainly an interesting story.

Williamsmith
    Went to see The Big Short. Untraditional approach to storytelling. This is dry. This is boring stuff to the average movie goer. It has a limited audience. You will of course love the movie if you keep a monthly budget book, have an accounting degree, are leveraged to the hilt on a second mortgage or love to hear the f word and shit over and over until they no longer provide emphasis to the subject at hand. I might have passed organic chemistry if the professor had been a good looking actress explaining covalent bonding while naked in a bubble bath sipping champagne.

lol, williamsmith

it got good reviews but sounded dry and I figured we already lived through it, are still talking about it and it's too soon to for it to catch much interest. I would've walked out of chem and straight into therapy if I saw my prof naked and sipping champagne.

We saw the Big Short and found it to be entertaining, it
    IS a comedy, or is being treated that way for awards.

It provides a heavily fictionalized and simplified view of the financial meltdown of 2007, one that present main ideas in a palatable way.

I loved Brad Pitt in his role of grizzled old shaman.

Saw Hateful Eight. We are QT fans but this is probably the only QT movie I won't re-watch. The beginning in the stage coach....too long. The wind blew and howled through the entire movie. I can understand how settlers went crazy during the long winters on the plains. I really wanted to wrap up in a buffalo skin blanket, I was freezing by the time the movie was over even though the theater temp was fine.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Saw Hateful Eight. We are QT fans but this is probably the only QT movie I won't re-watch. The beginning in the stage coach....too long. The wind blew and howled through the entire movie. I can understand how settlers went crazy during the long winters on the plains. I really wanted to wrap up in a buffalo skin blanket, I was freezing by the time the movie was over even though the theater temp was fine.
    Good to know. The only QT film I liked was Jackie Brown, but only because of a celeb crush on Pam Grier!

I'm a fan, as well but I heard the new one is not so hot. I read a few interviews with him and it sounded great but I'd turn to the review and it was panned.

I considered "Hateful Eight" but I"m not really a fan, and I heard it's more gory than the rest of his movies and there's nothing redeeming in it.

Not a movie, but I'm binge-watching my way through "Doctor Who." I'm on Season Six. I still miss David Tennant.

Pony Mom, Thanks for the suggestion of I Know Where I'm Going. I got it from the library. Both my husband (not a fan of black and white or old films) and I enjoyed it. We didn't watch it with the commentary, just the movie. A nice way to spend a few hours.

nswef, I'm glad you enjoyed the film. One of the interesting things about it is that the lead, Roger Livesey, doesn't appear in any of the exterior Scotland shots; he was doing a play in London and couldn't get away, They used a body double. It's a sweet movie that I watch a few times a year.

Today I watched the Shaun the Sheep Movie for the second time. So much goes on in those animated/clay moves that you miss the details the first time around. It was cute and funny.

Thread Information